Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '77 Chevy Monte Carlo

AMT68

21 hours ago, realgone58 said:

Super nice build! Ironic that I chose the same color combo for mine! You are correct in not foiling the trim on the landau top. They had painted trim from the factory. 

IMG_9677.JPG

Thanks Alan and thanks for posting your super looking Monte Carlos. I have to ask, where did you get the factory full wheels covers for the orange and white build?

3 hours ago, gseeds said:

That’s one beautiful Monte ! Love the color!

Thanks Gary, eventually I'll get another can of this TS-92.

2 hours ago, Keef said:

Beautiful build!! I built one for my wife because that is one of her dream cars. Wish I’d paid attention about the vinyl top trim. Now I’ll have to redo it or my OCD will drive me nuts 🤪

D75F5C46-8AD7-47F9-99E7-3F1AA688690A.jpeg

Thanks Keith and thanks for posting your build. I wouldn't change a thing. While I didn't feel the need to foil the perimeter of the vinyl top I still think it looks good. 

6 hours ago, kelson said:

Beautiful build!,Revell needs to reissue this kit,they're expensive to find i think due to lowrider popularity,i have the 3d parts to do the 73,74 and 75'Monte carlo and they're nice done.

Thanks Curtis. Fortunately I picked up four of these before the prices went sky high in the past year or so. I've seen the conversions with the 3D parts and they look very good. 

Edited by AMT68

On 1/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, Keef said:

Beautiful build!! I built one for my wife because that is one of her dream cars. Wish I’d paid attention about the vinyl top trim. Now I’ll have to redo it or my OCD will drive me nuts 🤪

D75F5C46-8AD7-47F9-99E7-3F1AA688690A.jpeg

Many slick top cars had aftermarket vinyl tops installed in the 1970s and 1980s, especially young used cars.  Most of those received stick on chrome trim around the edges.  So seeing a Monte Carlo with the chrome trim would not have been uncommon.  Your model looks too good as it sits to attempt removal of the trim.  In my opinion.

20 hours ago, skmodelcars said:

GREAT build!  Love the color scheme! 

I did something like this with the blue Wheels of Fire issue.  Triple blue with rally wheels and white striped tires!

Thanks Steve and it would be great to see your build.

I like your avatar of the '74 Nova. 

14 hours ago, David G. said:

Great paint, assembly and detailing, fabulous work!

David G.

Thank you David. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...