Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Lamborghini Aventador

70 Sting

I agree, the result is just beautiful, despite the difficulties that you have encountered.

As regards the body color, you did a great job on applying the smoke coat so evenly. I know from experience that this is not easy to do. And I have faced the same problems with the "test spoon". That result always seems to differ from the color on the body...

• Like 1

That does look absolutely stunning. Love the colour -- almost TOO tasteful for a Lambo, mind you. Detail painting is great, and the body finish is lovely... I can't see the issues...

As for the issue with painting ducts etc, I think it's because the airflow from the brush has to go somewhere, so you end up with a backdraft coming OUT of the closed part which carries the incoming paint back out again. A trick I've tried is to paint the pieces before assembling. You're not trying to get them perfect, just to get a good opaque layer down on the inner surfaces which then blends into the main paint job after assembly. I can't remember from when I built mine whether this is possible with the Aoshima Aventador, but it works for Ford GTs... If it's not possible, I think the only way is to use the lowest possible pressure that still sprays and doesn't spatter...

best,

M.

• Like 1

@Matt Bacon You are correct, the 2 side vents could have been painted before attaching to the body. I am concerned that the individual parts won’t match if painted separately, however to your point, they are less visible.
I will try thinning the paint a little more and using lower pressure. Should help when painting the next interior tub as well.

Thanks for the tips!

• 1 year later...
On 4/19/2023 at 3:06 PM, atomicholiday said:

That is gorgeous.  I want one of these kits so bad I can taste it…

Thanks Jeremy. There are a lot of parts in the box and they go together well - definitely worth the time to build,. I managed to find a PE set but the kit would look great without it.

On 4/19/2023 at 1:49 PM, stevehansen said:

SUPERB BUILD!!!!  Really impressed with opening doors / closed door fitment

Thank you kindly Steve. I've learned a few lessons with Countach doors... these definitely fit better, however, if I was a little braver I would have tried using magnets to help keep them more firmly in place.

You did a great job on this. I don’t know how I missed this one when it was first posted in 2022!

I like the dark red - it really suits the Aventador. Thanks for sharing all your comments about what you learned too. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 1:06 AM, beeRS said:

You did a great job on this. I don’t know how I missed this one when it was first posted in 2022!

I like the dark red - it really suits the Aventador. Thanks for sharing all your comments about what you learned too. 

So many awesome builds on the forum recently - I’ve missed a few as well. 

I’ve saved so many bookmarks from this forum and YouTube that any kit I plan to build in the future should pretty much assemble themselves. It’s tips from other modellers that have saved me numerous headaches. 🙂