Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Mercury Styleside pickup

8 minutes ago, bytownshaker said:

I'll be following as I have 1949 Mercury M47 that restoring but with modern updates to running gear, brakes etc.

Would love to know were you got the tailgate emblems etc.

Edgar

Of course I can't remember but I'll look it up. It is one of the resin guys.

1 hour ago, bytownshaker said:

I'll be following as I have 1949 Mercury M47 that restoring but with modern updates to running gear, brakes etc.

Would love to know were you got the tailgate emblems etc.

Edgar

This is where I got mine. Kris is a member here.

Neat project! Love the look of the truck, you should do a before and after - I'm starting two myself, using both versions of the Mercury conversion kit with both a long and short wheelbase truck. just got finished making the wheels steer and rotate. Using the 4x4 parts on the short wheelbase flareside

IMG_6198.JPG

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hct728(Bob) said:

Neat project! Love the look of the truck, you should do a before and after - I'm starting two myself, using both versions of the Mercury conversion kit with both a long and short wheelbase truck. just got finished making the wheels steer and rotate. Using the 4x4 parts on the short wheelbase flareside

Are the 4x4 parts part of one of the Moebius kits?

Interesting how the 1:1 is a flashy two-tone yet lacks the chrome trim. I've been thinking of removing the trim on one of mine, most likely the Flareside, though it's a bit of work> Then there's the interior, trim changes might be welcome, I did a radio delete dash once, again a bit of work. Nice how yours is coming together so fast, keep up the good work!

Edited by hct728(Bob)

Cutting a corner. My friend's truck has the 300. There is a 240 (practically identical) in the 1966 Moebius, however there is none available anywhere near here and since I am building it for myself, it will have the 352, even if it is the wrong color.

IMG_1853.JPG

• Like 1