Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from TN !

USMC_LB

I have not built a model since I was a kid and have been looking to get back at it.   

Been lurking here a few weeks and just discovered the 2022 Cannonball thread.   Looks like a LOT of fun and I have decided to declare an entry and just wanted to post here first since I have neglected to do so.   

Also looking to REbuilding some kits I did as a kid with a new focus on more detail and better paint jobs.  Unfortunately all my old models are long gone along with my HUGE box of parts (HOT ROD three Ford classics kit) full of many discarded models and many many parts, bits rims and tires.  Ahhh the good ol' days of sitting around and swapping model parts with your friends...     We never built models the way they were intended.  We always modded them.  Sometimes too much...  but we had fun!

The detail some put into their work here is so impressive.  Mr Obsessive blew my mind with his roll up windows!!  Awesome work!  Many amazing modelers here and I hope to learn many tips and tricks.  Keep up the great work I enjoy looking at all the incredible builds!

Thanks!   

TimD  aka "LB"

parts box.jpg

Edited by USMC_LB
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard.  I too am an old and model builder who started around 1960.  As a kid there was a bit of parts swapping  going on.  and kits were dirt cheap by today's prices.  Like you I sold off at least one huge stash of parts in the midst of raising a family and needing some cash to make Christmas happen.  No big regrets.  The kids had Christmas but I do miss so many of those kept parts.  Since coming into this forum I have had some unexpected joys to replace what I had for a long time known as loss.  There are some very helpful souls out there.  A cornucopia  of help tips, and genuine appreciation for modeling.  It is a great forum.  I can now reignite an old nearly counted for loss project.  Parts I can only imagine were sold off in one of those boxes of goodies have been sent to me and a dream that is now more than 50 years old is back on the table.  And from one Marine to another...Semper Fidelis and welcome.

Poppy