Model Cars Magazine Forum

Agora 427 Cobra

Brudda

On 2/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, Brudda said:

Thank you Gramps46. It is big. A different set of skills and tools. I’m always learning. 

Here you are Gramps46. The size difference. The purple barracuda is 1/25, the black cobra is a mfh kit and 1/12. The red one is 1/8. The red cobra is huge. 

6F169606-4B02-430B-8494-7F97345F28D8.jpeg

11 hours ago, Brudda said:

They are taking over the hachette brands.

8F1284CA-A60D-4537-A38D-4C068F197E46.jpeg

Now that is one BEAUTIFUL car! :wub:

I still have about six months to go on the '61 Jag sub (haven't even started pack #1 yet), but I may give a very close look at that one.

Before that though.........I'm going to have to build another bookcase or two. Eventually, I'm going to reach the limit of where to put these huge 1/8 scales!

OK Bruce.  Your model convinced me to place an order which I just did. I chose to buy the complete kit at one time. I had to tap into my gun budget but I have enough of those and really needed to have this Cobra. I won't dare try and repaint it but, blue with white stripes is just about my favorite look. Can't wait !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cobraman said:

OK Bruce.  Your model convinced me to place an order which I just did. I chose to buy the complete kit at one time. I had to tap into my gun budget but I have enough of those and really needed to have this Cobra. I won't dare try and repaint it but, blue with white stripes is just about my favorite look. Can't wait !

Super! Ray you will love this cobra. Go over Bills build. The only trouble spots are the wires to the distributor. Bills correction is the best way to get around that. I had a little problem with the wires . Agora shows to put the wires in the drive line tunnel. But I found it to be too many wires so I moved some of them toward the rear diff. The rest of the problems I created. Oh I put machine oil on the screw threads, then screw them on.  Just a little. It helps a lot. You will not be disappointed. Have fun and if you run into any problems, I can help. Bill knows more than I do, so if we get stumped we can ask him. In any case you will have a great amount of fun. If you build it right out of the box, it will build pretty fast. Have fun and please post it. 

Thanks !  I was hoping you wouldn’t mind if I asked a question or two . I will try not to pester you . Not sure when it will arrive but I should have enough time to clear out some other projects .  I guess I won’t be building this on my roll top work bench ! 

On 3/2/2022 at 7:09 PM, cobraman said:

Thanks !  I was hoping you wouldn’t mind if I asked a question or two . I will try not to pester you . Not sure when it will arrive but I should have enough time to clear out some other projects .  I guess I won’t be building this on my roll top work bench ! 

Clear a very big table LOL. I’m painting a 1/8 agora cobra for a 1/8 model collector. It’s going to be silver with red stripes. I will be painting it soon. I will receive the body in a few days. Actually cannot wait to paint it. A paint rep gave me a new clear to try. I will be painting this cobra with the new clear. Very fun stuff. 

On 3/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, Erik Smith said:

Nice. Great looking paint work. 

My only complaint with looking at these big kits is the engines look toylike to me.

They have a really good “look” otherwise. 

Thank you Erik