Model Cars Magazine Forum

customline

1 hour ago, bisc63 said:

What's not to love?! You had a specific goal on this one, and you surpassed it. This one was fun to watch come together, and ended up a top shelf custom.

Thanks, Rusty, it had its  moments. There's something that sometimes happens with the fit of the interior where the dash and the windshield have a disagreement. They both try to occupy the same space at the same time. This build has taught me to pay a lot more attention to this area and in the future I definitely will. 

I tend to focus on the central idea and become ignorant to the problems I'm causing down the road. Such was the case with "COOL 53". I have opted to not glue the three major components together. It's a semi-permanent mock-up. I will fix the mess I created when the time comes to do so. It needs a whole new interior. Till then, it's done 😕. Thanks for your interest 🙂.

7 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Yep, probably one of the most universal of model car foibles right there.

Well that's comforting, Rusty, thanks,  but It keeps happening.  It's always out there lurking, waiting to bite me in the ass ....anyway, I gotta slow down and plan better. 

8 hours ago, Lovefordgalaxie said:

I'm the factory stock guy, but I really liked this one. The front end has a '56 vibe to it, and the rear has a lead sled vibe to it. 

If you didn't see this build in the WIP section, you probably haven't seen the inspiration for it. Behold!vehicles.jpg.d4e385da2686f21c95ec0e3948ab86f4.jpgpretty cool, huh? I fell in love with it. The '56 vibe is much more evident on this 1:1. There is also a lot of Mercury too (the hood looks like a Merc sans scoop).  The roof swap and Corvette bumpers make it a very unique kustom. Thanks for your interest, comrade 🙂originals-5.jpg.6b8020fefcb0b209d7806ea211e24c67.jpg

6 hours ago, Dave Armstrong said:

Love it! I'm already planning to do something like this- very inspiring!

6 hours ago, ybsluos said:

I love it!- Mark

5 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Awesome look, very nice work !! 👍😀

Thanks, gents. Much appreciated 🙂

27 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Jim!

Your new take on this classic is great, The roof pulls it forward in time, but the rear pays hommage to the custom tradition. A fine blend. Bravo!

CT

Thanks, Claude, I hadn't thought of it that way but roof swapping is going to be a thing, thanks to us ! ( yeah, I saw the T-bird ! ) I've been contemplating another roof swap on a '63 Impala (and the chassis). The roof is a secret, for now 🤫

1 hour ago, customline said:

Thanks, Claude, I hadn't thought of it that way but roof swapping is going to be a thing, thanks to us ! ( yeah, I saw the T-bird ! ) I've been contemplating another roof swap on a '63 Impala (and the chassis). The roof is a secret, for now 🤫

Hi!

Well, you know what they say: "a secret is something you reveal to one person at a time". Do you share that view? LOL

CT