Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texas 3D Customs

2 minutes ago, Mr. Horsepower said:

When can we get our hands on that 440?!

I'm working on trying to get all my orders out That's the biggest problem My wife my kids everybody's sick but me So that leaves a lot of responsibility on me right now Plus 1:18 guys remembered me I guess because all the sudden they're ordering again and in mastroves put all that together and I'm trying but I have to take care of current orders first. I already have the stock version completely printed out at my scale I keep an inventory all time I'm hoping maybe tonight I can list the stock version. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Horsepower said:

No worries, I have plenty to work on while you catch up. I'll be holding out for the modified version you posted. This is going to look really nice in a B-body!

To be honest, I am not sure how I am going to handle that. Seems any combination I sell there will be a lot of kickback, like I want this intake with that valve cover and vice versa.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Horsepower said:

Oh, im sure, the picture you posted looks fine for me, but I completely understand. Keep us posted!  Thanks for the RB motor!

But if it had the stock heads would you feel the same? Most would rather the M/T valve covers, but there are some that don't then there is the long ram and the stock valve covers fit better, but then people are telling me I shouldn't do it that way. So then the solution is to sell the heads like I do with the 572 with the Moroso VC heads as an upgrade then that leads down a whole different rabbit hole.

At this point there is really no decent (modified) RB motor that I know of in 1/25 or 1/24. I could be wrong, and if so, someone please correct me. The sample you posted, with the M/T covers and headers looks great! and would be a welcomed alternative to current offerings. Of course, I'm only speaking for myself. I do see your dilemma, with so many combinations though. (Mopar Magnum, Indy, Six Pack etc...)

14 minutes ago, Mr. Horsepower said:

At this point there is really no decent (modified) RB motor that I know of in 1/25 or 1/24. I could be wrong, and if so, someone please correct me. The sample you posted, with the M/T covers and headers looks great! and would be a welcomed alternative to current offerings. Of course, I'm only speaking for myself. I do see your dilemma, with so many combinations though. (Mopar Magnum, Indy, Six Pack etc...)

So I actually have the six pack the Mopar single plane (pictured) the Torker II Bone Stock and the Long Ram. Both the 727 and A833 Transmissions, all made from scans all extremely accurate. I also scanned a 4150 and a Classic AFB. My plan is to do the Torker Stock and Long Rams with the stock VC's and the Mopar and the Tri-Power with the M/T's and the Blown version I will make. 

Edited by Texas_3D_Customs
  • Like 1

First of all, I love your product!

My order arrived today and the carbs are phenomenal. The engine is gorgeous. I posted a pic of my Trabant project as a reply to your meme on FB.

If I may suggest, offer a basic engine. Then have a “day 2” kit. Valve covers, intake, carb, aircleaner and headers. You do that with transmissions. It would be fun to order a custom engine by just ordering the partial block and hop up kits.  You could mix things up with the parts without selling individual small parts. Moroso kit, M/T kit, etc.

At FM, I tried to develop variations up front. Tooling was a bit more expensive, but if a variant was required, it could be put into the market in a significantly shorter time. Also meant that all the engineering was done up front with no retro fitting later, at a much higher cost. At GMP, working with my counterpart at the factory, we came up with a matrix of 13 variations from a Mustang tool. Small block, big block, manual, auto, A/C, non A/C. 67/68, fastback, convertible, wheel choices. It was tedious at first, as this was the most aggressive matrix ever. However, once we nailed it….

Just a thought…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George Bojaciuk said:

My order arrived today and the carbs are phenomenal. The engine is gorgeous. I posted a pic of my Trabant project as a reply to your meme on FB.

If I may suggest, offer a basic engine. Then have a “day 2” kit. Valve covers, intake, carb, aircleaner and headers. You do that with transmissions. It would be fun to order a custom engine by just ordering the partial block and hop up kits.  You could mix things up with the parts without selling individual small parts. Moroso kit, M/T kit, etc.

At FM, I tried to develop variations up front. Tooling was a bit more expensive, but if a variant was required, it could be put into the market in a significantly shorter time. Also meant that all the engineering was done up front with no retro fitting later, at a much higher cost. At GMP, working with my counterpart at the factory, we came up with a matrix of 13 variations from a Mustang tool. Small block, big block, manual, auto, A/C, non A/C. 67/68, fastback, convertible, wheel choices. It was tedious at first, as this was the most aggressive matrix ever. However, once we nailed it….

Just a thought…

You mean offer to discounted price a kit made to dress up a engine from a kit car which is not the business I'm in. Perhaps not the most popular opinion but I make engines full platforms

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Actually no. Develop your platform. Have variations to your design. That way you buy the basic engine, trans and upper kit. All your stuff. 

So right the problem is that if I sell the block by itself with the oil pan because that never changes well that's not true but let's just go with it doesn't and then the transmission separately and then the heads separately and then the upper end like headers and intake and carburetors and all that jazz everything gets really complicated for me print-wise because instead of you know six or seven combinations I've got like 500 combinations and then, you know it I know it people are just going to buy the intakes and the headers and I will never sell an engine

Edited by Texas_3D_Customs

No… the kits are not sold separately. You order the engine and select your upper kit. Be it stock or aftermarket. Transmissions you already sell  separately, on some. This way you don’t have a custom engine that isn’t selling.

Again, just a suggestion.

30 minutes ago, George Bojaciuk said:

No… the kits are not sold separately. You order the engine and select your upper kit. Be it stock or aftermarket. Transmissions you already sell  separately, on some. This way you don’t have a custom engine that isn’t selling.

Again, just a suggestion.

i think get what George is saying, Charles.  Kinda like the Ford FE Cobra 427 engine I recently bought from you in 1/16 where you offered the transmission as either a C6 or Toploader.

https://tx3dcustoms.com/products/ford-fe-cobra-427

31 minutes ago, BDSchindler said:

i think get what George is saying, Charles.  Kinda like the Ford FE Cobra 427 engine I recently bought from you in 1/16 where you offered the transmission as either a C6 or Toploader.

https://tx3dcustoms.com/products/ford-fe-cobra-427

Okay so first Shopify limits you to 3 options but let's go with that one for scale one for transmission and then what one for intake or heads or exhaust but not all, but even at 3 options with my 440 scale heads and transmission is 24 different items to track not if you could do exhaust and only 2 options now 48 items to track now add in carbs and let's say limit that to 3 options we are at 144 items and let's not forget the valve covers with just two I am at 288 items to track, now if you could pick the intake and let's say just stock Mopar and Torker II, now we are at 864 items let's not forget the air filter and let's just say 3 options, 2592 different items or variants that all have to be at minimum price set. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Just a thought…

Another thing that I really didn't think about but I am now when you're talking about working at GMT and I'm not sure who FM is You're talking about multi-million dollar corporations with employees and complex IT departments that probably could make all that happen I am one guy in my garage working with the limitations of Shopify and eBay

• Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 8:48 AM, Mr. Horsepower said:

Bought one of the single plane variations yesterday, pretty excited to get it in my hands. If it works as well as I anticipate, I will be in for a cross ram variation as well. Again, thank you for the RB motor!

So due to a lot of circumstances I am a little slow on shipping, first I have strep throat, two people have gone crazy ordering from me, especially the 69 Camaro WB like 2 a day for the last 4 days, and last I have some kid events to attend to. Hopefully next week I will drop the long ram and Tri-Power. Then I will start working over the 426 to use the new transmissions the cross ram and a few other small updates. 

• Like 1

I wanted to give a positive review!  I ordered several engines and other parts recently.  I like how you wrap each item in bubblewrap, it's like opening little Christmas presents.  I also got your "catalog" pictures printed, which got put into baggies with the parts.

IMG_7981.thumb.jpeg.25bccaac1ab2050caba9c32d42b9b1aa.jpeg

• Like 1