Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Chevy Nova Yenko

bluestringer

The hot weather will soon be here in Georgia, and since my work shed has no AC, I will try to get a few builds in before the temps hit 105 with 90% humidity. During this time of year I'm working at lot in the yard and garden, so don't have as much time to build either. Starting on this Yenko Nova, I've put on a few coats of Createx Autoborne Sealer and will be using Creates Pearl Blue for the color. I tried to darken in the panel lines with some wash I made, but my past experience doing this never came out very good. It will be OOB except for some wiring under the hood.  All comments welcome and thanks for looking. 

_IGP0865.jpg

_IGP0866.jpg

• Like 2

I have a couple of these Nova kits in my stash and have yet to build one. It seems to build up into an excellent kit. I’ll be keeping my eye on this build and following for inspiration.

• Like 1

This is a fun kit! I have five of them, actually six. One completed when it first came out, four more in various stages of completion, and 1 still in the box I want to turn into a 68.

spacer.png

Stock build of the SS Nova

spacer.png

Yenko 427 Nova

spacer.png

Nova SS with cross-ram intake from 69 Camaro

spacer.png

SS 396 version

spacer.png

Home grown 396 powered Nova I built in 2008.

• Like 2

Those look great. Seems like a nice kit so far. Got a little done on it. Blue Pearl on the body, got the engine done and installed in the chassis. I have another one of these, it's the special edition 2n1, I will probably do the drag car with it. 

_IGP0885.jpg

_IGP0887.jpg

_IGP0889.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

Looking good, James!  Can you put a clear gloss on the Createx paint?  👍

Thanks. Yea, I'll give it a couple of days and shoot some Revive It floor polish on it. I have some Createx gloss coat but I find I like the floor polish better. 

Edited by bluestringer

12 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Oh yeah James, great job on the Createx pearl.  As we have discussed in the past we are fellow Createx users.   I  second the Future (Revive) as the clear of choice.

Thanks Mike. 

12 hours ago, slusher said:

Very nice color choice!

Thanks Carl.