Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 Magazine review of a reissue of Revell's 1:48 trucks

My son bought the tanker because he liked the subject. 

For 1/48, They're actually bigger than you'd think.

Now if someone were to come up with a 50s Pete to go with the tanker, you'd be well on your way to creating the rig from "Duel".

Edited by Oldcarfan27

17 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Now if someone were to come up with a 50s Pete to go with the tanker, you'd be well on your way to creating the rig from "Duel".

Right, but sure wish Revell would have done a Pete back then too!  I'm assuming every re issue they were molded in different colors?  Have a red and  a green KW, not sure which issue year  each is.

I have a couple of the 1996 reissues of the Honest John missile with transporter which is the old KW. I've never measured it but I think it's closer to 1/40 scale than 1/48. The scale isn't mentioned on the box or the instructions.

20220613_192803.jpg

20220613_192922.jpg

20220613_193230.jpg

20220613_192641.jpg

20220613_192853.jpg

20220613_192909.jpg

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, leafsprings said:

Your vintage KW's look great Lee, really like the wheel upgrade! Strato models is working on a high-quality vintage KW in 1/25 resin. Should be available soon! Slowly but surely, we are filling the voids. 

Thanks for the complement I really enjoyed building these guys and yes we are filling gaps I’m really liking round 2 helping out on the vintage kits now we can build with ease knowing we don’t have to break the bank or wait for years for and kit to pop up at a Model show we got it easy these days. 

On 8/7/2023 at 12:13 AM, Brian Austin said:

I first picked up some wheels and parts from Don Mills' shop 20 years ago or more.  I think he's still selling.  I've always wondered where he got his tires from.

Yes he just talked to him last Spring