Model Cars Magazine Forum

New TV Series. Dark Winds, Navajo Tribal Police

Squads by Tony has a lot of light bars, might have the correct type.

The MPC Deserter would be a good chassis donor to start with, has the option of lifted or stock height 4x4. The Star resin body will be interesting to see, I built an old F&F resin Burban that was a converted pickup with some crude mods. I have a resin printed body on order from Robert Burns and expect it to be much better than that earlier resin kit.

Haven't watched the series but always been a fan of 67-72 GM trucks so I will have to check it out.

I have acquired the Following in my quest to build a 'tribute' model.

Star Resin Body (the resin body is a Chevy Suburban, so I need to change out the grill)

Fireball Modelworks 8 Lug Rims/Tires

MPC Deserter Axles/Springs/Drive lines.

AMT 1970 Ford Galaxy Police Car Light Bar

AMT GMC Jimmy Body/ Grill/ Windshield

Still Need Decals and a 5 Gallon Water Jug for the back seat.

Not sure what I'm going to about the decals. Policecar,com actually has decals for the Genuine Navajo Tribal Police, but the are both newer and much more elaborate than those used in the show. Might use them anyway, as this project is adding up very Fast!

The Jug? Not a requirement, but Nice to have. I'll have to see what I can scrounge. I think some of the R/M NASCAR kits had a floor mounted jug in some of the kits. That could work.

So Far, I am still excited by this build. We'll see what happens when I get the Resin Body, later this week. 

I have gotten all the parts I have ordered. The Star Resin Suburban Casting is very, very nice. My Build Quality is not as good as the parts I am starting with, but I will give it my best shot.

The Fireball wheels and Tires are awesome as well. I cannot say enough good things about Joseph at Fireball and Steve at Star Resin! 

10 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

I have gotten all the parts I have ordered. The Star Resin Suburban Casting is very, very nice. My Build Quality is not as good as the parts I am starting with, but I will give it my best shot.

The Fireball wheels and Tires are awesome as well. I cannot say enough good things about Joseph at Fireball and Steve at Star Resin! 

you must have gotten the last Suburban from Steve he told me he didnt have any they were not making any more

I’ve been looking all over the Inter webs- while the GMC from Dark Winds gets all the attention, WHAT is the black beauty from the chase scene with the Mormon family?! I’m in love! 

F219F011-3E64-43B9-A241-55E94B4A576D.png

Edited by amej
Add photo

Only because I live in AZ, love the Monument Valley region, and there are Chevies involved, I'll watch from the peanut gallery.  I would be more interested in seeing the landscape where they are filming it.  Because I haven't had a TV since 2008 (I sure don't miss all the ads, and after staying at a hotel recently I see there is nothing worth watching), won't watch it unless it's online later.  Everyone knows this straight, tell me if they go there.

e_2624.jpg

7 hours ago, amej said:

I’ve been looking all over the Inter webs- while the GMC from Dark Winds gets all the attention, WHAT is the black beauty from the chase scene with the Mormon family?! I’m in love! 

F219F011-3E64-43B9-A241-55E94B4A576D.png

That looks like a '63-'66 Chevy c-10 panel. I believe Jimmy Flintstone, has those. Of coarse you hav to source the hood and undercarriage from a previous kit.

NB318 - 1966 Chevy Suburban Delivery-NB318 (jimmyflintstonestudios.com)

revell 1966 chevy truck model - Bing - Shopping

Edited by Mike C.
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Well, the season finale was not as good as I thought it would be but let's hope the show got renewed another season just to see all of the pld cars and stuff from yesteryear. 

Agreed. It seemed confusing and rushed, like they wanted to get the story over with. I was quite disappointed since I thought last week was one of the best episodes, and hoped the finale would be at least as good.

It has been renewed for season 2!

5 hours ago, Draggon said:

Agreed. It seemed confusing and rushed, like they wanted to get the story over with. I was quite disappointed since I thought last week was one of the best episodes, and hoped the finale would be at least as good.

Agree completely. Rushed and confusing and several doses of deus ex machina thrown in. I was hoping for better. :wacko:

Edited by Snake45
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...