Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy S-10 grill 1982+

I was asked to do the grill for the Chevy S-10. I though I would update the progress here in its own thread so it is not confused with the other thread I have going. 

I have it done with no headlights, however that is an easy add. 

If there is a demand for these, I will see if someone else will print them. I can not print them. I repeat, I will not be printing and selling these. Or, if there is a resin caster that would like to run with these, I am all for it. 

I was lent a resin grill from someone else. I understand this grill is NLA. But, you can see that the printed grill is far better detailed than the older cast one. 

20220716_132444.jpg

20220716_132411.jpg

20220716_132404.jpg

• Like 1

So, I think I have the final grill that will be available soon through Texas 3D Customs. Please do not judge this grills print quality, I have been having issues getting prints to come out right. The drivers corner is flawed, but you can see what it looks like. 

As I stated, and will state again, Not only do I not have time to print these, clearly I can design, but suck at actually printing stuff. I will leave that to the experts. 

I added the headlight buckets, and the lenses are there too, but not shown as I have not run a batch of clear yet. However, clear sheet with some lines scribed on the back would also work fine. 

I deepened the dividing lines between the grill, headlight buckets and valance. The one pictures has been primed and a little panel wash to show details.   

20220723_161203.jpg

20220723_161214.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...