Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grill design requests

4 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

How about a Pines Winterfront grille for 32 Fords? Could be paired with a stock style 32 radiator as well (just a thought)

I know those long bars could be problematic to print, but just thought I'd throw it out there. I'd gladly send a Revell 32 shell for you to scan

Those bars won't be a problem to print I successfully printed a 1:32 Hilborn scoop the other day with the fuel lines intact. Delicate but there.

Edited by Texas_3D_Customs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Revell 1/25 '32 Ford 5 Window Coupe 2' n 1 https://a.co/d/dfo77a2

Would this kit be the one to model off of?

Is the 5W still in the Revell catalog? I was thinking of fitting it to the about-to-hit-the-shelves 32 roadster out in Europe already). I'm assuming the 5-window grille (and all Revell tools before it since they are all the same tool) and the new roadster grille would be the same size, but I will verify that first. Hate to have to do two different versions, but if they are in fact different that would be your call. I'll try to get a comparison made tonight and let you know.

Edited by Mr. Metallic

16 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Looking at scalemates, looks like even the new roadster coming up is the same basic tooling since like forever ago.

The Rat Roaster (on which the new roadster is a modified reissue) was an all new tool when it came out. Designed to be compatible with the previous Revell 32 series kits, but some things were changed. 99% sure the grill parts should be the same dimensionally, but I want to confirm that for you first.

Edited by Mr. Metallic

5 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

The Rat Roaster (on which the new roadster is a modified reissue) was an all new tool when it came out. Designed to be compatible with the previous Revell 32 series kits, but some things were changed. 99% sure the grill parts should be the same dimensionally, but I want to confirm that for you first.

I agree

On 9/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, Texas_3D_Customs said:

I agree

Grills are essentially the same. I fit a first issue roadster (25 years old now 😵) grill into the new shell, but I did have to make a swipe down each side with my sanding stick. Removing the chrome was enough to allow it to snuggle into the new shell. So that would mean the old shells are fractionally larger, which would allow a grill designed to fit the new shell to easily fit the old shells. 

If you need a new shell and/or old shell for scanning or whatever let me know.

Edited by Mr. Metallic

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2022 at 11:40 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

How about a Pines Winterfront grille for 32 Fords? Could be paired with a stock style 32 radiator as well (just a thought)

image.png.172952ef50ebe20967dd4bf8484502fd.pngimage.png.c433783636790de7cdfa62bc0030194e.pngimage.png.6181e538a5435636d8c92296cc5e57e5.png

I know those long bars could be problematic to print, but just thought I'd throw it out there. I'd gladly send a Revell 32 shell for you to scan

I'd love to see this available too!!!

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

So I need to start gathering parts for a 32 build to showcase this grille huh? Like I said on Facebook, it's looking great. It's even better on my computer monitor instead of my tiny phone screen.

Yeah, I'm changing the build idea for my 32 Sedan around this grill.

5 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

Not a grille as such but a couple of vw accesories for the vw t1. a push bar and roof mounted spot light. I have a hasegawa van front i can send you and it would fit both it and the revell.

05-red-e-motorsports-vw-single-cab-sniper-efi.jpg

This is possible but I am going to need some verified interest in this, I don't mind doing custom work when I have time, but a one off that nobody else wants is going to be a bad idea for someone.

• Like 1