Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Truck kits

Revell used to do a few european racing trucks like mercedes 1450s and similar size trucks but very hard to find. I've been hunting one of the phoenix-MAN kits for a long time but its probably the rarest one. They also do a dakar unimog which is kinda cool and much easier to find. There some nascar truck kits too but I dont know much about those. It wouldn't surprise me if c1 have dakar parts for the revell land rover kits either, I've seen a lot of parts on their site but not really paid close attention. Theres also the tyrone malone kits. I haven't seen any drag trucks but there are bodies in resin and 3d prints so I assume chassis are available too

Unfortunately, most Pro-Mod trucks or Road-racing trucks will have to come from your ability to craft them from whatever stock truck kits are available.  There are many pieces that can be kit-bashed from car kits to build any style truck you wish. Not a very rational option for the kit manufacturers, since there are very few 1:1 organizations promoting these type trucks, such as NASCAR with their truck series. A NASCAR truck kit bashed with a stock kit could be formulated into a rather believable road racing build, as could using the chassis and parts from some of the Pro-mod kits under available truck kits.  Just use your imagination and build your idea of what one should look like.

Comp resins has a pro stock Dakota they say use any monogram pro stock car kit for donor.  Suppose a pro mod could be done the same way.  Not sure if the scca revell trans am kits would work for road race truck but as said above you will have to get creative to get exactly what you want.

Thanks for all the info guys.  I did find these online a while ago as I was doing a search.  I do have a NASCAR kit so maybe I could use that chassis and slide it under a truck body.  

revell-25-unbuilt-nib-1958-christine_1_7befe8a88224bb2c66a787ebdd7842a4.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Zippi