Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Motorized Lamborghini Countach LP500 S

chris coller

Great job on a simplified kit but still a nice representation. Having built both the Tamiya and Aoshima, I can tell you there is a world of difference. Although superior to Tamiya the Aoshima kit is much trickier but much more detailed. Be careful when you install the doors , they are very delicate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Great job on a simplified kit but still a nice representation. Having built both the Tamiya and Aoshima, I can tell you there is a world of difference. Although superior to Tamiya the Aoshima kit is much trickier but much more detailed. Be careful when you install the doors , they are very delicate.

Thank you for the heads up. I built the Aoshima Adventador and the doors were tricky

This was one of the first car models I built last century, think it was the first Countach kit.  Looks great in black.  I have 3 versions of the Fujimi kits, which are super detailed.  Also built the Nitto kit, which is really an awful turd, which I had fun with.  Good job finishing a model, more than I can say this year.

Lambo side S tank.jpg

1 hour ago, 89AKurt said:

This was one of the first car models I built last century, think it was the first Countach kit.  Looks great in black.  I have 3 versions of the Fujimi kits, which are super detailed.  Also built the Nitto kit, which is really an awful turd, which I had fun with.  Good job finishing a model, more than I can say this year.

Lambo side S tank.jpg

Which Fujimi kits do you have?

Nice job on this old Tamiya kit. At one time this was the only Countach kit available. I built a few as a kid, but they didn’t look as good as yours.

I’ve also built the Fujimi and have yet to build the Aoshima one. The Fujimi one has insane detail, but I think the Aoshima has the most accurate proportions. 

22 hours ago, beeRS said:

Nice job on this old Tamiya kit. At one time this was the only Countach kit available. I built a few as a kid, but they didn’t look as good as yours.

I’ve also built the Fujimi and have yet to build the Aoshima one. The Fujimi one has insane detail, but I think the Aoshima has the most accurate proportions. 

Thank you. I've read several people mention issues with the Fujimi kits. The Aoshima kits are molded very well. My only issues are the door fitment