Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy Mild Custom

juergen

hi guys !

for the wait time untill the paint from the charger can be sanded i think about the next project.

i will built a 55 chevy mild custom version.

3432353066336164.jpg

it get´s a little bit downforce;-) and a little cleaning.

for the wheels i must looking.

3263653261653262.jpg

3065363865326366.jpg

the second are from a 49 mercury and looks not bad i think

greets

Jürgen

I guess it depends on the era you want to capture in the mild custom. If you want to go old school, steelies are best choice. If you want to go for an 80s (just example) look, then the rally wheels be just right. :P Then again, late 60s too but they were not a common love in them days.

hi guys !!!

thank you for your nice and constructiv postings. it´s good for me to get our feedback and the meaning from your great builders.

after working through the night;-) the paint shop is done. i painted with tamiya colors and 2 compound clear coat from automotive industrie.

after drying i will sanded and polishing and than it got bmf.

3634666261383861.jpg

6132613637616161.jpg

i found steelies and i think they would be looking good for a old school look?

6432346630376466.jpg

after drying i will show you a foto about the stance and the look with the steelies.

greets jürgen

Lookin Good Jurg! Hey Guys, aint he about a great painter? You know, He's only been back to building for a little while. We've been corresponding, and He's told me alot about himself. He really is a cool guy and He's got the look down perfectly, dontch think? Great job Jurg, An I know it'll be KILLER when it's done! :D:D:D:huh:

hi guys !!!

a lot of thanks to your so nice comments. this is a very great motivation for me.

@classic plastic: the wheels (moons and rims) are from the amt 51 chevy fleetline. the decals of the white rims are from a revell impala lowrider.

@george53: thank you for your very nice compliment to my staff, like so much makes me very embarrassed ;)

greets jürgen

• 1 month later...