Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wild Custom Vehicle CBP

MeatMan

On 12/12/2023 at 9:23 AM, mustang1989 said:

Man I sure would like to see more on THIS build Dennis. 

Thanks for looking Joe, and sorry I've neglected this build. I ran into an issue with the body and just got so ticked I shelved it.
Since I finished my Cannonball run build I guess I can get back to this one. I've pulled out a couple of other shelved builds so I can swap one of those out and do finish this one instead.

• Like 1

Officially recommitted, I did a little work on the c-cab today, well at least on parts for it.
I designed and printed a couple of engine mounts and a radiator. I added an ornament to it before printing it because when I printed the ornament separately it was tough to get it supported.
I'll clean up the mounts and then glue them to the chassis. Then I'll "carefully" file them to the proper angle  to match the engine.
This weekend I mudded the body to try to get rid of the issues I'm having. As a contingency, I set up another one to print just in case. I won't be sidelined again!

IMG_20231218_183631813.jpg

IMG_20231218_183735198~2.jpg

IMG_20231218_183659005.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 6:17 PM, MeatMan said:

Officially recommitted, I did a little work on the c-cab today, well at least on parts for it.
I designed and printed a couple of engine mounts and a radiator. I added an ornament to it before printing it because when I printed the ornament separately it was tough to get it supported.
I'll clean up the mounts and then glue them to the chassis. Then I'll "carefully" file them to the proper angle  to match the engine.
This weekend I mudded the body to try to get rid of the issues I'm having. As a contingency, I set up another one to print just in case. I won't be sidelined again!

Good ideas in motion Dennis!! Any more progress on this one bud? 

On 1/13/2024 at 11:56 AM, mustang1989 said:

Good ideas in motion Dennis!! Any more progress on this one bud? 

Thanks Joe. I've done a bit of work but was hoping to get some paint on it before posting until I realized I needed to find some door handles and drill for them.
In summary I wound up reprinting the engine mounts, in resin this time because I needed to be able to easily file them to get the engine to line up square.
I got the body squared away except two small blems, and the door handles issue.
I designed and printed a floor for the cab, and used some wood for what was to be the cargo area.
I won't bother finishing up the wood for the cargo area because I decided to seal the rear door because its been a bear to get the inside done.
Oh yeah, and I also need to figure out where to mount the taillights. Right now the idea is to mount them to the body, but I need to pin them and then drill holes for them.
Lastly, I got the front brakes on, which allowed me to put the tires on permanently.

Thanks for your interest.

IMG_20240115_154230796.jpg

IMG_20240115_154246231.jpg

IMG_20240115_154304293.jpg

IMG_20240115_154428145.jpg

IMG_20240115_154314237.jpg