Model Cars Magazine Forum

Love that Ford Boss 429 in a Dragster!

jlucky

While I tend to prefer building replicas of real race cars, every once in a while I get the urge to work up some unique builds. Such is the case with this kit, built a couple years back. I had the Ford Boss 429 sitting in a front-engine kit which I took apart with a desire to build something a little cleaner. So I took that engine and proceeded to install it in a dragster that is a combination of a resin-cast back-end put together with the Mongoose Hot Wheels dragster front-end. I loved the pointy, different shape of the front end of this body style. At the same time my love of the Boss 429 led me to creating what could have been a real race car back in 1968, perhaps similar to Connie Kalitta’s car of the era. Decals are from the “spares box” and the tires are AMT pad-printed MH Racemaster’s. All-in-all I thought it was pretty representative of the era.

Revelation Dragster 1.JPG

Revelation Dragster 2.JPG

Revelation Dragster 4.JPG

Revelation Dragster 5.JPG

• Like 9

Very, very creative and extremely well done, Jerry. 

I too did a Boss 429 FED; I'll dig it out and post elsewhere in this Drag Racing folder.  How cool would it be to have both lined up at the tree in a scale drag racing diorama?  

Congrats and best wishes....TIM

• 2 weeks later...