Model Cars Magazine Forum

my 1975 datsun 280Z-bought in 1989 i rebuilt motor. buffed intake & cam cover . welded in new drivers floor. made exhaust added 3'' AFM. went from 14x5 wheels to 15x7 paint is dodge viper red. i made the shock tower brace did a lot more but too much to list - also ran auto cross in the 90's.

devils hole 4-28-12.JPG

zcarmotor-1.jpg

IMG_0252.JPG

Edited by redzed
  • Like 5

The 280Z was a really nice looking car back in the day.

If Datsun (as Nissan was then) had made them more rust proof we might have seen more surviving examples. I can remember there being lots of after market goodies for these cars advertised in American automotive magazines when they were in productiion.

I think that Tamiya may have did one in 1/12th scale, and I seem to remember Revell doing one in 1/25th or 1/24th scale when the car was current.

Edited by Bugatti Fan
  • Like 1

Nice car. I worked on 'em at a dealership when they were new, really came to like them. Owned a couple, and built a few for clients: one with triple Weber 40s, cam, headers, suspension tweaks, etc., one with a Ford 289, and one with a Chevy 327.

The smallblock Ford-powered car was my favorite. Though it ended up about 50 pounds heavier than stock, the engine setback improved the weight distribution and handling.

There's one here in town with a Yotyto 2JZ-GTE, extremely well done.

• Like 1