Model Cars Magazine Forum

Essex RS Spyder LM '08

Brendan

Just finished this kit. Kit is a Studio 27 Essex RS Spyder. Same problems I had with the Penske version were also on the car. Had major issues with their decals being incomplete and also incorrectly sized for a lot of the major decals. The white decals were extremely brittle; had quite a few of them crack as soon as I dipped them in water. Add quite a few interior details like a fire extinquisher and a couple of the electronic boxes as well as antennas that were not supplied in the kit, but are supposed to be there.

Paints used were Tamiya's TS-16 (Yellow), TS-26 (White), Duplicolor Torch Red and Bahama Blue Metallic. Also used different shades of Alclad.

Need to give a special thanks to Jameston at Scale Finishes for trying to help me match the blue. He sent me quite a few paints to help me out. I also wanted to thank Etienne from Renaissance for supplying me with detailed photos of the car.

Hope you enjoy. Feel free to comment.

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1820.jpg

Wow man that is one sweet ride.I love to see these kind of builds.There is nothing like the satisfaction of finishing one of these resins. I've got several started myself and I love them so much I can't build just one at a time, I have to do several at a time! Looking great and thanks for sharing with us.

Danny :D

Ohhhh boy!!! :)

I love this version, I wish you could have seen it more....oh yeah, they don't have coverage of the European LeMans on Speed :angry: This car came second at LeMans last year right? I loved it when I first saw it. Wonder why? :lol: Go Denmark!

Can you please make it to the NNL East?!! Please!

Edited by Nick F40

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Hossain,

I'll have at least 14 kits for the NNL West. I even got a bike done, just for you.

Nick,

Yes the car did take second place. If you send me a airline ticket, I'll go. You're looking at about a thousand for me to fly back there. Problem with living in a rural area. Closest airport is over a hundred miles away.

WOW! That's downright beeeuteful!!! What a NICE color, almost seems to GO with the car! What scale is it? I assume it's a curbside? Whatever it is, it is BEAUTIFUL! :lol:

It says it's 1/24 but it's more like a cross between 1/24 and 1/25. Studio 27 has always had scale issues. And yes, it is a curbside kit. Thanks for the kind words.

Another nice build, Brendan!!

We'll have to setup a table at the NNL just for all of your builds!! :)

See you next month,

Between me, Hossain, and Bauer, we had two tables. Probably be the same this year as well. I'm the one who gets yelled at all the time for having too much stuff built. :lol:

Hi Brendan,

I am coming down with about 15 new builts, but only a handful of GP models. I am going to my closet after this to pick another GP kit to complete by next month!! Can't wait to see everyone there including you, Bill, Raul, Curt, and Jeff... Hope I didn't leave anyone out!

P.S.

You can't just stop with one MC model!! I am sure you got more in the closet somewhere and plenty of time till March!!

;);)

Hossain

Hi Brendan,

I am coming down with about 15 new builts, but only a handful of GP models. I am going to my closet after this to pick another GP kit to complete by next month!! Can't wait to see everyone there including you, Bill, Raul, Curt, and Jeff... Hope I didn't leave anyone out!

P.S.

You can't just stop with one MC model!! I am sure you got more in the closet somewhere and plenty of time till March!!

;);)

Hossain

Great build Brendan, keep the resin comin'...love those kits, lookin' forward to seeing everyone's stuff come March 7th

Ya know I think Raul is right...I must have too much time on my hands, just counted the models I 'll be bringing to the NNL West...had to stop at 30 :blink::blink::blink:;):blink::blink::blink:

I guess being partially-retired has agreed with my model building!