Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford larger truck

I am taking a Monogram 40 Ford pickup from the 80s and going to make it into a larger truck,I know the larger trucks had different front sheet metal so this one is going to be a farmers home built truck. Digging through a bag of parts a friend gave me I found a partial frame and two speed rear end from the Lindberg Dodge cab over,need to come up with a truck 4 speed and will add a home made aux trans.  Not sure on the bed right now as I would like to build a wrecker but I might try to build a dump bed like that is on a 41 to 46 Chevy truck in a local junkyard.

IMG_20230115_095840958.jpg

The sky is the limit when it comes to these farmyard builds. A dump box would be cool and can be as simple as modeling some rough welded steel plates for a home made box. My dad had a home made dump  box on a late 40s GMC chassis and cab. I have no idea what model it was though.

When I was a kid I used to do hay with a neighbour. He had a late 40s International pickup cab tacked onto and old 1950s school bus frame with a wooden deck on it. It was a beast!

Looking forward to see what comes out of this. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...