Model Cars Magazine Forum

ICM 1/24 Model A Phaeton

Justin Porter

My model a arrived this morning so i've taken some pics of parts with a gloobomb monogram a coupe and its very close. I suspect the phaeton is slightly wider than monograms coupe at the cowl as the icm hood fits perfectly on top of the monogram part.

DSC09219.thumb.JPG.c27895ee48dbee42a5f142837717d24c.JPG

chassis lengh appears the same, (sorry about the poor pic, i didn't want to remove any parts from the sprue)

DSC09218.thumb.JPG.ef82119186bcd64c10e9ba3b0ec53888.JPG

The monogram a body seems to be slightly shorter than the icm on the sills. theres a 1mm gap between it and where the phaeton sits on the fenders but it looks like the fenders would work on the monogram. Speaking off the fenders, they are slightly differently shaped around the front edge but i'm not an expert so i dont know which is right. they both look right to me but the icm may be a little more raked in the drop back from above the front tyres. its a nice kit and the plastic seems thinner than most feeling almost half the thickness of my lindberg 40 ford was. while any body swapping with the monogram kits looks like it would be a simple swap it would need a hood thats mixed between the monogram rear edge and icm front edge to work as the grilles are different enough not to swap between fenders (hopefully a printer will draw something up as a hood and sides would make body swapping as simple as it looks). the icm grille is about 50% thicker than the monogram. i didn't get pics of all these points as i just couldn't get them clear enough but seriously, a hood and sides needs drawn up fot this kit, and would open up a load more body options from the monnogram kits until mcm bring out more versions (i suspect pick up and van next)

DSC09217.JPG

DSC09220.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'll post more pics in the morning. theres some features in the instructions worth seeing and i forgot i had a monogram pick up thats unbuilt so i can get pics of the areas that were awkward before

27 minutes ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Thank you Les! How about the running boards; do they have the same length/width so they could be cut from the Monogram kit and swapped?

If i remember correctly the monogram are slightly shorter but i really only had a glance at them. i'll check in the morning and get some pics. if they are shorter its nothing cutting the rear into the bottom of the fender or new trim wont fix as i think they were very close. the monogram plastic is thicker though so that could be more of an issue

• Like 1

It was nice weather today so i didn't get the chance to get more pics as mum wanted soe painting done in her garden. But during the day i couldn't get this kit out of my mind so its hitting the bench in the morning. Should make comparison pics easier too, lol

• Like 1