Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRGB 2023 Suggestion

Anyone interested in just a plain Big Rig Group Build ?? No Prize No Competition just building for fun. I’ll host it we could have a theme like “Movie Trucks” any Scale trucks that have been in the Movies, TV shows as the main character or background trucks and there were a lot of cool background trucks in TV shows and movies for instance. It doesn’t matter if we have 10 Sonny Pruitt KWs that’s ok I think it would be interesting tell me what you think. It will run from February 1, 2023 -February 1, 2024. 

Edited by Pete68

• Pete68 changed the title to BRGB 2023 Suggestion

Guys I also forgot you can join in at anytime between the dates as follows in the above thread. I think it would be better if we just had a regular Big Rig Group Build so everyone who wants too join in can. Please let me know if your interested so I can start a list and we’ll be ready to go by the Start date. Thanks. 

8 hours ago, Warren D said:

I'm in.   Still deciding what I'll do, but I have a couple of ideas.  I'd rather not limit it to movie trucks.

Yeah after I thought about it that’s why I posted another reply. I don’t think that would go over well. Let me know when you decide what to build. 

Edited by Pete68

7 hours ago, Gary Chastain said:

I am not much of a TV watcher, so I don’t really know movie trucks. But I need to build a 3axle heavy hauler truck for my 48ft drop deck trailer build. Would that be acceptable? Don’t wanna throw a wrench in the works. 

I’ve decided not to go the movie Route. We’re just going to have a Big Rig Group Build so your heavy hauler will work. Let me know what kind your building so I can get a list going if you would like to join in. Thanks 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J.B. Customs said:

I am in I think I could come up with something in that time frame buy the way never been in a group build how does it work just pick a truck from the theme and build it 

It’s easy. I think we’re just going to stick with a Big Rig Group Build. So just pick a Truck ( not a pickup or 1 ton) The way it works is similar to the BRBO but there’s No winners or Prizes just a Group of people building Trucks and giving updates. I think we’re going for Updates at least once a month whether you’ve made progress or not just check in. When I get a some more  people to sign up I’ll post a Official thread with the rules and the do’s and don’t’s I would like to get at least 10 people for this build. I’ll start a list now here and on February 1 who ever on the list we’ll take off but you can join in at anytime. 

Here’s the list: 

Pete68 (me)  AMT 1/43 Kenworth K-100 with AMT 1/43 Fruehauf Reefer Trailer  

Warren D.     Undecided 

Gary Chastian. Heavy Hauler?

J.B. Customs.     Undecided 

Bills72sj.           Revell KW W900 with AMT Doubles  

53GMC            Undecided 

Rockford        1/32 AMT Kenworth Aerodyne W900  Conventional  

Edited by Pete68

I will be building the Pro Star, the added pic is for inspiration and this is for my drop deck trailer build. I have the third air lift axle, fenders have been ordered, will add some kind of headache rack with closed door storage. Well, at least that’s the plan  I will post a thread when I start the build  3F823FD8-5A0E-4432-86AA-288A94B8229F.png.c18db2b7a301de936313c9934e33b810.png5008F82C-6EC4-4654-A588-171524CBF886.jpeg.881d7c0caefbe10e65302f0dd6e5b6fb.jpeg78446DF4-489F-40B7-ACB2-EE3C196B41EB.thumb.jpeg.11c4dceba0e7c58bea97a6db8fd743c2.jpeg

Edited by Gary Chastain
Add verbiage
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gary Chastain said:

I will be building the Pro Star, the added pic is for inspiration and this is for my drop deck trailer build. I have the third air lift axle, fenders have been ordered, will add some kind of headache rack with closed door storage. Well, at least that’s the plan  I will post a thread when I start the build  3F823FD8-5A0E-4432-86AA-288A94B8229F.png.c18db2b7a301de936313c9934e33b810.png5008F82C-6EC4-4654-A588-171524CBF886.jpeg.881d7c0caefbe10e65302f0dd6e5b6fb.jpeg78446DF4-489F-40B7-ACB2-EE3C196B41EB.thumb.jpeg.11c4dceba0e7c58bea97a6db8fd743c2.jpeg

Very nice I like it look forward to seeing this built. This weekend I’ll get the official BRGB thread started with the rules and list of people thanks for sharing. 

6 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

I am in. I am doing a Revel KW W900 Aerodyne with the AMT Doubles trailers. I will attempt to add the lift gate from the Ford Coke box truck.

Glad to have you along Bill. Your build sounds interesting. 

1 hour ago, Rockford said:

I've never been in a group build before but could make a start on this. There's plenty of work in it, sorting out the glaring issues. 

dyneConventionalAMTErtl6776132-vi.jpg

Great to have you along. I built one of these a couple years ago and put it on a Monogram frame because I’ve never seen one of these KW with the Rubber Block suspension lol. 

1 hour ago, Gary Chastain said:

Lee, when you post the official 2023 BRGB, I may change my mind on the build. Got a box full of goodies today in the mail. I will post what heavy hauler I am going to build. 

Gary that’s fine you still have plenty of time to change your mind.February 1st. I will post the Official 2023 GB tomorrow evening if I can. Either way it will be up this weekend. 

I originally had my heart set on the alaskan hauler kenworth or the the peterbilt 359 California hauler, but found it hard to justify $60+ dollars. So im going with this gmc general i found at my local wally world. Im undecided on style and colors,(wont be coke), but ive got one or two builds ahead before i decide

20230119_191428.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

Does everyone post on the same thread, or start their own thread?

You will start your own thread in the Big Rig WIP but with the BRGB 2023 some where in the title so everyone in the GB will know when viewing your thread to make it easier for us to see your thread in the GB.   When your finished place it in the “ Big Rigs Underglass” with BRGB 2023 in the title and your set. 

Edited by Pete68

55 minutes ago, 53gmc said:

I originally had my heart set on the alaskan hauler kenworth or the the peterbilt 359 California hauler, but found it hard to justify $60+ dollars. So im going with this gmc general i found at my local wally world. Im undecided on style and colors,(wont be coke), but ive got one or two builds ahead before i decide

20230119_191428.jpg

That will be nice. I’m the same way at the moment on the Alaskan Hauler can’t see paying that much yet. Lots of cool paint schemes on these Generals 

• Like 1