Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRGB 2023 GMC Topkick Fuel Oil Delivery

I think I have everything but as most every build to date has shown, I'm likely missing something......or I'll change something.....or the squirrels will get the better of me.

Resin cab, 3D printed tank.  DD V6 from the late Gary Wallace.  I'm planning on doing it up in the colors of my oil service company.  I don't think they used any GMC but this will be what it would have looked like if they did.

P1030618.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Pete68 said:

Warren what kinda wheels are you going to use? 

Haven't decided yet.  I'll probably use the chassis from the Transtar 4300 and I have yet to crack that box open.  I need to see if I can do a single rear axle or else I'll need to "borrow" the SD from the Freightshaker DD/SD kit.  The company usually has 10 hole chrome front and back, they like a little bling so I'll probably go that direction.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Started back on this build, the chassis is coming along.  I used the IH 4300 chassis and front suspension, rear suspension (and section of frame rail) came from the Freightliner SD.  Finally got the tank to sit level (pic makes it look off kilter).  Working on the DD6V71 from Gary Wallace (RIP) and the next big thing is to get the cab to sit in the right place on the frame.  Wheels and tires are from the General kit.

P1030780.jpg

P1030782.jpg

Edited by Warren D
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

After many months away from building, I picked up where I left off with this one.  Chassis is well along, I think I have a final fit for the cab but want to check a few things.  I have a few more things to add to the chassis before it goes off to paint but it's been nice getting back into it.

P1030799.jpg

• 2 months later...