Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greetings from Kernersville,North Carolina!

I'm originally from Ohio, been living in NC since '99. I started building around age 9 or 10 (just turned 56). My main interest is 1/24-1/25th scale muscle cars 

& classics, but I'll tackle other things now and then (just built my 1st diorama). I'll be posting pics of my builds soon. Also won my 1st award last fall, a second place!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 2:01 PM, TarheelRick said:

Another Tarheel here, I live about 30 miles west of Winston-Salem around the intersection of I-77 and US 421. Welcome to the forum, looking forward to some of your builds.

Thanks ! Do you attend any of the NC shows? 

On 2/10/2023 at 8:58 PM, mikemodeler said:

Welcome, I'm down in Charlotte and am a transplant as well. Are you familiar with the upcoming swap meet in Salisbury on 2/18? There's also a show/swap meet coming up in April (I think) in the Statesville area.

Sorry for the late response. I did attend the swap meet in Salisbury (1st time). Before that the only show I attended was the CKM show in Clemmons. I do also enjoy the show in Statesville, put on by Fast Traxx.We need to meet up at these shows. It's nice to put a face with a name.

4 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Thanks ! Do you attend any of the NC shows? 

I usually attend the CKM show in Clemmons and will be at the Fast Trax show in Statesville.  I wanted to go to Salisbury but had some conflicting engagements and couldn't make it this year.

2 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

I usually attend the CKM show in Clemmons and will be at the Fast Trax show in Statesville.  I wanted to go to Salisbury but had some conflicting engagements and couldn't make it this year.

I plan on attending both, unless work gets in the way. Hopefully we can meet up.

• 2 weeks later...