Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 MFH Essex Wire 427 Cobra

With  a few dozen other projects in the works, i couldn't  keep my hands off this one.   So  far i find the larger scale MFH  kits much more fun to work on and easier to handle the larger parts.   decals  by  3 amigos.  started  with  sand blasting some parts for a natural look and some polish to valve  covers for a chrome  look.

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Great work and model!!! I understand Model ADD..../I have many projects....but just bought a 1/12 935K kit.....like I need more......

thanks  Dave.            i have only  started  2  MFH  kits  and the 1/24  scale is  a nightmare  compared to  the 1/12  scale.  the  1/24  is a  bit crude with assembly and the 1/12 is more precise with fit .    i really  like how they have tiny  screws  for main structure  parts.

IMG_0342.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Indeed very cool. So far the engine and frame elements shown look spectacular.

How hard is it to polish the metal parts? Can you share on your products & methods? The results are so nice.

thanks Pierre,   it's not too hard to polish something  flat like the valve  covers.  i use  400 grit wet sanding paper, then 800 grit and finish with  1000  grit  to get  a smooth  surface.  i polish  using  a pad on a bench  grinder  and a polishing compound.    For all the small parts that are not really  flat i use a magnetic tumbler.

Bill

IMG_0343.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks for the positive  feedback.  a little  progress with carb.   maybe not   a new trick to most, but it was new for me.  screwed metal rotor to my dremel  and gave it a spin with a file  for a used rotor look.

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

• Like 3

12 hours ago, 65slotcar said:

thanks for the positive  feedback.  a little  progress with carb.   maybe not   a new trick to most, but it was new for me.  screwed metal rotor to my dremel  and gave it a spin with a file  for a used rotor look.

IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

That's a neat idea! Results are so lifelike.