Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell (G) Ardo Seaplane 1/32

This is a really, really nice kit! I found it on clearance at a local shop. It had sat on their shelf for a while and they pretty much gave it to me. I bought it to work on at the cottage where I have only limited supplies and tools. Built all the subassemblies then it sat unpainted in the box for a couple of years since I also had no place to display it. Got new shelves just before Christmas so figured it was time to pull it out, throw some paint on it, and get it on display. Thank goodness the wings fold though or even the new shelf wouldn't have cut it!

It is done in the prototype basic paint scheme with just simple weathering.

attachment.php?attachmentid=197743&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=197744&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=197745&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=197746&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=197747&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=197748&stc=1

• Like 3

Thanks. In fairness, other than the 1,200 pieces that make up the canopies (well it felt like that many) it is such a well engineered kit that you just need to cut the parts off the sprue, throw them all in the air and an assembled model hits the ground. The true entertainment was in the painting and weathering.

2 hours ago, Mike C said:

Looks really great, that must be a pretty good kit to have all that detail in it.

It really is. When you look at all the parts it looks like it will be a pain and very fiddly but it just falls together. 

11 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Most excellent. I didn't know that kit even existed.

It does seem like an odd choice to model when there were only a small handful of the real thing built. Suppose that since they already had a kit of the two float 196A it was just a matter of "might as well". The only reason I even bought it was I felt sorry for it sitting on the shelf for years gathering reduced price stickers.

• 1 month later...