Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg 1938 Custom Ford Van 1/24 Scale.

Dragonhawk1066

Here's my version of the Lindberg 1938 Custom Ford Van. This one was built for an Instagram build-off with the theme being Longroof's. This was a fairly nice kit, although not as detailed as I would have liked. There wasn't a lot of flash on the parts and the fit was generally good. I had the Body Shop scheme idea from the start and used the decals from the recent AMT 1955 Chevy Bel Air Street Machine kit to follow through with my plan.

The color is a custom mix of Delta Metallic Turquoise and Decoart Metallic Zinc with Anita's Galvanized Tin for the fenders and grille. This was all cleared with Createx UVLS 4050 Gloss Clear and was wet-sanded, polished, and waxed. I carried the color scheme onto the engine and underneath of the car as well. Even though they're not visible once completed, I did add spark plug wires to the engine. The kit did not come with any side mirrors, so I snagged one from my Revell Ferrari Testarrossa kit, shortened it, and attached it for a nice little custom touch.

The interior was painted in a two-tone using Apple Barrel Country Gray, and a mixture of Delta Sand Dune and the Country Gray. I used embossing powder to simulate the carpet, and airbrushed Apple Barrel Elephant Gray on it. I painted the wheels with the body color and used some wire painted black for valve stems. I am extremely happy with how this one turned out, and as always Thanks For Looking!!

1.JPEG

2.JPEG

5.JPEG

7.JPEG

9.JPEG

11.JPEG

14.JPEG

16.JPEG

18.JPEG

20.JPEG

23.JPEG

24.JPEG

• Like 5

On 3/2/2023 at 7:13 PM, happy grumpy said:

Supercool model. I like the color and the paint job is flawless.👍

On 3/2/2023 at 7:33 PM, Joe Nunes said:

This is cool!  Good looking color combination, too. Well done!  👍

Joe

On 3/3/2023 at 6:09 AM, PappyD340 said:

Very nice, well done!

On 3/3/2023 at 12:18 PM, espo said:

Great looking color combination. The stance along with the wheels and tires have an aggressive look. 

On 3/3/2023 at 3:16 PM, KWT said:

Very nicely done

On 3/4/2023 at 10:24 AM, slusher said:

Great looking model!

2 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Nice paint job on a cool kit! 👍

Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...