Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Torque Thrust Wheels

Zippi

The ones in the 65 Coronet are two pieces. Front and back pieces with 4 tabs on each piece that fit into the hollow tire. I have that kit and wheels. You'd have to trim theta's off or find the tires and the back plate to use them. You can tell if you look at the parts shown on the bottom of the kit. They are the same set up as in the Polar Lights GTO instructions I'm adding. And a pic of the ones from the Coronet 500 kit.

Pontiac_GTO_Convertible_Page_1-vi.jpg

image0.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo

On 3/12/2023 at 8:19 AM, ewetwo said:

The ones in the 65 Coronet are two pieces. Front and back pieces with 4 tabs on each piece that fit into the hollow tire. I have that kit and wheels. You'd have to trim theta's off or find the tires and the back plate to use them. You can tell if you look at the parts shown on the bottom of the kit. They are the same set up as in the Polar Lights GTO instructions I'm adding. And a pic of the ones from the Coronet 500 kit.

Pontiac_GTO_Convertible_Page_1-vi.jpg

image0.jpeg

The wheels in this photo is actually Hurst mags. Generally associated with GTOs. I used them in replicating my BFFs Chevelle. Here is a pic of a more modern 1:1 version.

Hurst Dazzlers.png

IMG_0873.JPG

16 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Are the ones you are seeking the ones I showed?  If yes, I have this as a spare set (front halves only) as this 62 is being built factory stock.

Thanks Gerry.  I think I have found a set in my stash.

• Like 1