Model Cars Magazine Forum

'53 Grand Sport sedan

fordsixty

i am calling this one done and ready for the road course.

all in all, i really think this one nailed the "take no prisoners" look without losing that classic touch. this one would be nice to see, running around Road America, mixing it up with other hot rodded classics. even foreign classics. ;):P

hope you guys enjoy these pictures.

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

photos are great, are they not? you can see i need a little touch up.

DSC00662.jpg

the name above the door is (was) my dad's name. he passed last June. :lol:

DSC00666.jpg

nice curves!

DSC00669.jpg

no, that is not a pull ring to make it talk. ;)

DSC00667.jpg

440 cubic inches of injected "big block" chevy V6. yee-haw.

DSC00668.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

going for the glamour shot?

well, now it is on to the '31 A. wow, i am going to get a least two done this year.

peace.

DSC00670.jpg

going for the glamour shot?

"...going for the glamour shot?" - Heck yes!!!! And you just know if they ever put a class of these things together road racing would make a massive comeback! Am I right or am I right?

Is the '31 the too kool orange sedan you were working on in '08?

PS The rear wing is insane! B)

B.

Dale, that is just too cool! The thought that went into it sure shows! It's just flat out beautiful! Yes, it WOULD look GREAT ta see a bunch of these ol bruisers fightin it out onna road course! Has Nick F40 seen this? He'll REALLY LIKE IT! It's his favorite color,Don'tcha know! :D:rolleyes: Again, GREAT BUILD!!!!! B)

hey dave, thanks. i do believe that i owe you. i think it was on one of your threads, that you mentioned using, i believe you called it Live Wire, small rubber strips for molding around the windows. i went to Dick's and found another brand in their fishing section. two bucks for two sheets. i used it on this build, for the first time, because the fitment of the windshield was so bad. all i can say is GREAT TIP. it works very easy. fit great using white glue. also, Tamiya german gray is the same color.

that is why i really like this site. tons of wonderful and inexpensive tips. ;)

well, now it is on to the '31 A. wow, i am going to get a least two done this year.

peace.

YES!!!!!!!!

This is jsut too cool, I can't wait to show my 49 Merc. I need to build a GTP Group C car for more ideas so I'm building the Sauber C9. ;) I would LOVE to see this at Road America or wherever, this is just sick, they need to have racecars like this, I would race one. :lol: I know your surprised i'm not the first or second to comment. <_<

Dale, I think my son (NickF40) would love it no matter what color it is! That is one wild racer. I like the concept and engineering you put into these builds, not to mention the outstanding detailing. If you could get this over to the NNL East, we could get a close-up look at it! Very cool.