Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram "The Rattler" (rebuild)

BIGTRUCK

This is probably the easiest of the older showrods from the  70s I've had had to rebuild. The only thing I see thats missing is the snake tongue that goes up front so I will have to make one. This time around I know I dont have any decals for this kit so it will be decal delete until I can locate some. This kits another Tom Daniels design that shares some parts with the Horn Toad showrod. Box picture taken off the internet.

20230416_144833.jpg

20230416_150342.jpg

20230416_150347.jpg

20230416_150305.jpg

model_pic_16196467097ef2a294.jpg

Edited by BIGTRUCK
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Hey Ken, You know Atlantis is reissuing this kit in a few months but they're calling it "Sidewinder"?

I saw that on a show rod kit site without a release date on it. Pretty soon with the way tech is now all the older kits we thought were gone will be back like new . Thanks for the info tho’ Steve.

Got this body cleaned up and in primer. The fender brackets broke when I removed the fenders so the body was drilled and brackets replaced. The front snake tongue was missing so made one as close as I could. The tires that I got for it were wrong , the ones I chose are still wrong but better. Front axle is parts box cut to fit. While I have the paint on the engine soaking in SuperClean I think the body is ready for paint.

20230420_074233.jpg

20230420_073053.jpg

Edited by BIGTRUCK