Model Cars Magazine Forum

73 Eleanor Mustang MPC

vamach1

Here’s another Mustang I wanted to finish and it reminded me once again why I look forward to the Revell Boss 351 and the variations that will be possible to build.  This body and chassis and interior are from an MPC kit and the hood and wheels are resin cast.  Since the kit does not have an engine that even looks like a 351C, I searched through some other kits and found a suitable replacement from an 1984 Mustang kit that I knew would require some modification to make it fit as it has the correct automatic transmission and not 1/2 of a manual trans provided with the 289 engine in the MPC kit.  Investing more time in this build to correct things like the incorrect mufflers or trying to make the engine compartment more realistic is just not worth the extra effort.  I did add some rear shocks as it just looked silly with 1/4 of a shock molded next to the leaf springs.  I probably have a set of 1/25 CA license plates somewhere but I have to look for them.  Comments and questions are always welcome.

IMG_8485.jpeg

IMG_8486.jpeg

IMG_8488.jpeg

IMG_8489.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
Misc
  • Like 3