Model Cars Magazine Forum

Beer Wagon and Paddy Wagon

cobraman

Some of you may have read my story about these kits in The What Did You Get Today ?    If not I will give you a short version . Many years ago when these kits were new on the shelf my BIL and his wife ( my sister ) had a building contest , can’t recall why . My sister passed away several years ago and my BIL about two months ago . My nephew Jerry called me one day wanting to know if I remember this . He did not recall which kits because he was pretty young at the time . I told I did recall that and I knew his dad built the Beer Wagon but not the other . It sparked something in him and he said Paddy Wagon , she built the Paddy Wagon . I thought he was right . Anyway , he asked if I could find those kits and build them for him . I said sure of coarse . EZ to find on eBay . Found both kits still wrapped . 130 with shipping . He asked if I could build them as they did . No spray paints and just a few colors of bottle paints . Here is the result . I did cheat a bit by using Molotow on the chains and coated the bodies with Future . Then I decided I just didn’t want to hand them to him so I bought this garage diorama on Amazon for about 60 bucks . I like it a lot and really adds to the presentation . He will be very happy . This was a short version ??? Sorry     Still need to install the light source which is included .

123F5A66-70A8-417B-B6B9-D474E1F40B73.jpeg

CB95C8DC-A43B-46EF-B958-27ECFDC40FD5.jpeg

9EAEA515-B14E-417E-87FF-272666975419.jpeg

42CD5F07-F9C4-4BA8-9BFA-22A9A4F56802.jpeg

E76EFFC0-8B67-4D0C-8AA4-CA2D9D9EC45E.jpeg

B4D2E42B-553B-465F-AD65-C8EBB9ABABB6.jpeg

CB285FCF-B958-4AEA-9DB4-94E7ECFFC832.jpeg

• Like 4

Those both look great just as they are.   I wouldn't change a thing. 

It’s kind of a testament to the engineering and thought that went into the design of these old kits that they can look this good with minimal tools and a few jars of paint.

Edited by atomicholiday