Model Cars Magazine Forum

old shed

stitchdup

Something i've been gathering parts for, for quite a while. The base shed was  made by my dad 40 years ago and will be getting skinned with coffee stirrers. Since the rebuilt wall turned out to be no too bad I've decided to redo the one side and roof in the same way. For the too thick walls I'll just make sure to hide the thickness. I'm planning to have a car being built and an unfinshed project in the shed with the coe under a lean to on the side of the shed. I will be doing my dry stone wall around the bottom of the lean to

DSC08064.JPG

DSC08062.JPG

DSC08063.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
10 hours ago, PatW said:

Still looking great! I see your using my favourites- coffee sticks! 

yeah, i made a mistake when i tried to order a bag of 1000. ten thousand arrived so i might as well use them. I've used about 500 on this so far. I like how if you give them a light scuff with p80 sandpaper you can then weather them with chalk and charcoal to age them, and sealing it is just hair spray so its cheap. and pva and wood glue are the same thing though on this i mostly used uhu glue so i had time to reposition the sticks. I've got some grip tape from a skateboard to do the roof sheeting. If i rub it with some concrete it ends up looking like old tar sheets

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...