Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been a busy few days here this week. We had several storms move through causing lots of damage. We lost power for 2 days. All the while I was prepping for a colonoscopy, got it done yesterday, all good. I got the paint on, went with the green, I think it will look good after I get the clear on. Got the engine done.  Did the bed with Tamiya Wood Deck and a Molotow pen.

IMGP9224.JPG

IMGP9227.JPG

IMGP9233.JPG

• Like 3

On 6/18/2023 at 12:23 AM, slusher said:

nice shade of green..

Thanks Carl.

22 hours ago, KWT said:

Man that looks snazzy. What was your paint of choice?

Thanks. It's Tamiya Dark Green.

11 hours ago, Zippi said:

Looking good James.  Really nice kit and goes together nicely.

Thanks Bob.

Got the wheels/tires done. I went with black rims and baby moons. Took a while to get those white wall decals on, they're a little off center, but it will do.  I like the black/green contrast so I think I'm going black with the interior, but it will be Tamiya Nato Black.

IMGP9239.JPG

• Like 1

Looking good. I have a couple of these pick ups, but the previous release of the kit. I've been meaning to get one done. However, I've made a promise - no new projects before the ones posted as started on here get complete. So, meanwhile I will follow and enjoy what you do with this kit. The engine looks fantastic by the way. 

On 6/22/2023 at 11:54 AM, mrm said:

Looking good. I have a couple of these pick ups, but the previous release of the kit. I've been meaning to get one done. However, I've made a promise - no new projects before the ones posted as started on here get complete. So, meanwhile I will follow and enjoy what you do with this kit. The engine looks fantastic by the way. 

Thanks.

Progress on this is slow. The weather has been hot and humid, and my work shed has no AC. I can't stay in it very long at a time. I did get the cab/interior almost done. The interior is hard to see, I should have taken a photo before installing it.

IMGP9243.JPG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

Looks good, James!  Nice work on the engine with the wiring.  I didn't do it on mine as I thought it would be too fiddly but yours looks good! 😎👍

Thanks John. The wiring was fiddly, I tried a few different ways and couldn't get it like I wanted. I finally just took some small rubber tubing and pushed the wires in one end and glued the other end onto the distributor. It's really not the way it's supposed to be, the tubes should have been longer with the wires coming out at intervals along the way.