Model Cars Magazine Forum

CHERRY BOMB: a "domesticated" Peugeot 206 WRC joins the tuner crowd on the street...

Claude Thibodeau

Hi!

The Tamya kits are so "perfect", I can't resolve to kitbash them with anything else. But, who says you can't experiment? And the small Peugeot was a favorite of mine, so...

A WRC issue, but devoid of the bilboard-style livery, and treated to a custom, home-made Marbelizer-type paint experiment. Pearl white base, green and purple marble accents, a pearl clear coat + 6 coats of Metalflake's Cherry candy lacquer trough my airbrush. Mr Hobby's Top Coat clear, polished. Molotow's accents, + Tamya's light green & Gun metal on chassis and interior parts.

I experimented with Revell's new spray chrome on the roll-cage, and it is very convincing. 

I left the biplane rear wing and helmet support shelf off, and a few rally antennas too, since this Cherry Bomb would be used on the street only.  

Not a contest model, obviously, but a paint experiment that involved a very satisfying kit! 

CT

DSC01894 (2).JPG

DSC01895 (2).JPG

DSC01896 (2).JPG

DSC01901 (2).JPG

DSC01903 (2).JPG

DSC01904 (2).JPG

DSC01907 (2).JPG

DSC01898.JPG

DSC01906.JPG

• Like 5

It's been so long since I visited the forum that Claude is now building Tamiya kits. 😁   There's nothing wrong with that, they're such high quality kits that we could only dream of having for our Detroit subjects.  Whatever the canvas, the genius and good taste of the guy behind the airbrush is obvious, and this little Peugeot won't go unnoticed.  As Forest Gump would have said, "it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get". and that's just as well, delicious in any flavor!!! 👍

20 hours ago, cobraman said:

A bit different than what I have come to expect from you but it is very cool !  Love the paint job !

Thank you Ray, happy you like it!

You are right: not in my usual range of subjects, but fun nonetheless. Stay tuned: soon on this forum, a custom Harley chopper I just completed. It will appear under the handle "Milwaukee Gold". Wonder what you'll think. LOL, 

CT 

CT

On 7/16/2023 at 1:45 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

It's been so long since I visited the forum that Claude is now building Tamiya kits. 😁   There's nothing wrong with that, they're such high quality kits that we could only dream of having for our Detroit subjects.  Whatever the canvas, the genius and good taste of the guy behind the airbrush is obvious, and this little Peugeot won't go unnoticed.  As Forest Gump would have said, "it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get". and that's just as well, delicious in any flavor!!! 👍

Hi Francis!

You are right, it's my first Tamya kit ever. I have a few in my stash, but it is not my usual field of interest. Oh well... Forest Gump was certainly right. Stay tuned to this forum for things that are more in line with our common interests, namely a very unique SRT Mopar that will surprise you. 

In the meantime, you can also look at my SALZ WAGEN Bonneville VW van in the OTHER RACERS thread. Another strange flavor from Forest's box of chocolate?

CT