Model Cars Magazine Forum

1999 Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible

StanGlover

I finally have an acceptable black paint job on this Cobra! It’s not without blemishes here and there but I’m happy enough with it. It’s been polished out with Tamiya Fine, and Finish polishes. Next up I’ll be taping the body off to spray the window and roof trim, mirrors and cowl in flat black. I’m excited to get this one over the finish line. 
IMG_1854.jpeg.9a083a15062344d53511df2437f112d4.jpegIMG_1855.jpeg.e13bd1dc57de4fec0e76db3cffb45833.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have finally finished this one up after several frustrations. Right after my last post, I broke the windshield frame. And then I got a glue fingerprint on the paint. So I decided to strip the paint AGAIN and start over. While stripping the paint, the windshield frame broke completely off. So… I shelved it for a while. I decided to start over with my spare fresh body shell, cut the roof off again, and transferred the roof base trim from the first one. My paint job went pretty well this time, it’s not perfect but it looks pretty good! I’ll have it posted under glass shortly. 
IMG_2081.jpeg.d22b5650816d7cfcb882dc7b3a442138.jpegIMG_2083.jpeg.f91dda3da0a5fcd788eef0353f21b091.jpeg

• Like 3

On 7/21/2023 at 5:23 PM, StanGlover said:

Definitely! The Terminator Cobras, Mach 1, Bullitt, and GT convertible all deserve to be kitted up.  Don’t get me started on the S550 only having the child’s toy snap kit from Revell or the expensive race-version-only from Tamiya….

Great looking build. I have a 2018 Mustang Convertible myself I have been wanting to do a build of. I think I am going to see what I can do with the revell snap kit and a lot of scratch building. :( 

• Thanks 1