Model Cars Magazine Forum

Offy Powered T Model Ford Lakester

jbwelda

Finally ready to call this done so here it is! I will post some more pics later on.

niceleftfront.jpg

rightfrontandside.jpg

nicerightfront.jpg

rightnearprofile.jpg

nicefromrears.jpg

its done, but i do want to add a couple more things: a push bar with a raul special

drag chute, an aluminum tonneau cover, clean up a couple of details, but for now

its on the shelf!

its also amazing what you see in photos that you didnt notice in real life: i centered

that right rear wheel disk after seeing it in the photo!

thanks for bearing with me!

see ya at NNL West next week!

At last! Beautiful. Can't wait to see it next weekend (!) in all it's glory. Anyone who missed the WIP on this should check it out. The details hiding under that sanitary bodywork are stunning. There were several over the many months that this model was being constructed but the last workbench thread had some great chassis and engine pics. Here's the link: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry157087

Many thanks folks and thanks for the link to inprocess shots too. I will take some more pics tonite and post them here later. And in those the wheel disks will be centered better!

Jairus I am thinking about taking the train out to SLC for GSL but I am not sure I would bring this, not sure its up to the level that is shown there. It looks good in photos, but...not sure I am up to the level that is expected. But I do hope to make it to the show nonetheless. I wonder if there is anything going on at Bonneville that weekend? Probably still be too wet out on the salt.

Edited by jbwelda

Followed this build from the beginning, turned out great! Well worth the time you spent on it. I used one of Chris Etzel's Offies in a 32 tracknose with side draft Weber carbs- sort of like Lou Senter's track nose T roadster.

Too bad that nice Offie is hidden from view.

Gary

alright, thanks for all the kind comments! awb, so those are johan slicks? they do have a distinctive look to them, and now that you mention it i do remember them from my childhood! i forget where i got them but maybe Satco?

nicefrontright.jpg

niceleftfront2.jpg

nicefromback1.jpg

niceinterior.jpg

see ya at NNL!

Edited by jbwelda

• 5 weeks later...