Model Cars Magazine Forum

Newer Bronco

Have the itch to get into a newer Bronco but not sure what to get, too many options. Have looked at the 4 door Big Bend w/ sasquatch. Not really sure what the sasquatch package is? Also disappointed that the Ford dealers do not have brochures anymore, everything is online now.

Are the tops removable on the Bronco or just the soft tops? 

If anyone here owns one, please school me on these rigs.

I'm a fleet sales manager at a Ford store, so have a little first hand knowledge of the Bronco. 

Ordering them is a challenge. The 2dr has 13 different trim levels. The 4dr has 14 trim levels. Despite that, it can still be tricky to get all of the equipment you want, without getting a bunch of stuff you don't need.

The Sasquatch package is (in my mind) a must have. It gives you a beadlock capable wheels on 35" tires, locking axles front & rear, a suspenison lift of about 2", better shocks, wider fender flares, higher axle ratio, and some cool decals.

Sasquatch package not available on Big Bend, but you do get the same size tires.

The tops are removeable. It comes standard with the soft top, and you have the option of switching to a hard top or getting dual tops. Swapping the tops is easy enough, but not as easy as it is on a Jeep Wrangler.

If you have specific requirements, feel free to shoot me a message and I can help guide you through the options and trim levels.

We took delivery of out 2 Door Big Bend edition in the Area 51 color with hardtop back in June. We use it. My wife uses it as her daily driver, but we sure have a blast with it on the weekends. We take the front section of the hardtop off all the time, takes less than 30 seconds if we both take a side. We just had the full hardtop off for the first time this weekend. I'll say it again, so much fun. 

Here's a tip, order one, don't buy off the lot. Because they are still not at full production and demand is high most dealerships are adding at least 5 grand markup. But, if you order one you pay the sticker price. Trick is, they only occasionally open the window for ordering, so you need to know someone at the dealership that will put in your order when the window is open. There are still people that ordered certain options and packages 2 years ago that haven't taken delivery. Our local dealership put our order in for us in March, and they ordered 3-4 others at the same time. Ours came in June, the others still don't have a scheduled build date. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's different here in Canada. We have normal allocation now. That initial "gotta have it" rush is over, and I can place an order today with no wait list. Normally, I'd say it would be a late September build, with arrival in October. But we're at that model year switchover. Orders placed now will be 2024 models. Order bank opened in July, production should start in (I believe) October. So order now, we'd have a 2024 here before Christmas.

I have two Bronco 4 doors in stock now. Both are Wildtrak 4dr with soft top.

20230815_123420.jpg

20230815_123451.jpg

The black one we added a set of Ford Performance wheels, and then colour matched the emblems in the same bronze colour. Looks awesome.

Dealers here stopped paying the "over MSRP" game several months ago on the Bronco. We're actually discounting off MSRP a little. And Ford have lowered interest rates from the nonsense we had a couple of months ago. Auto world is slowly getting back to normal.

And like Craig said above, I'd factory order for sure. These things aren't cheap, so you should get the "right" Bronco, not the "right now" Bronco.

• Like 1

My local dealer doesn't have any on their lot but told me on Monday that ordering for 2024 models begins on this Wednesday. I've seen a couple local 2023 models with super low miles get scooped in a matter of days here.

So, if you place the order at the dealership do they automatically put a markup on it? I would have thought that finding a 2023 model still hanging around the lot would be cheaper?

How are the soft tops? Quiet and leak free?

The order bank for the 2024 models opened on July 25th.

Every dealer is different. Around here, some dealers were just automatically marking up everything they had. An extra $5k on a Bronco Sport? A $10k markup on a Transit, Bronco, Super Duty? Yup. It was happening.

We never played that game, because people will remember who tried to take advantage of a crappy situation over the past few years.

Once the 2024s go into production and start arriving, then yes, you should get a deal on remaining 2023 models. If there are any left around.

Personally, I'd factory order exactly what I wanted.

The soft top is leak-free for sure, but the Bronco is not exactly a quiet vehicle. Like the Wrangler, there's wind noise and tire noise o' plenty. It doesn't bother me, because I don't get into one of these expecting a Lincoln-like experience! Some people though have traded out because they thought a Bronco would be fun, then they realize it's no as quiet or smooth as an Explorer.

19 hours ago, Zen said:

So, if you place the order at the dealership do they automatically put a markup on it? 

If you order one through the dealer you get the price on the sticker, no markup. 

Dan, thanks for chiming in with your direct experience since you work at a dealership. Sounds like if someone REALLY has to have a Bronco right away they should head North of the border, lol. As of 6 months ago when we got serious about buying one dealerships around here (150 mile radius) had no stock, and ones that showed up on the lot are spoken for or marked up ridiculously. I still don't see much stock when i drive by dealerships now, but it sounds like the dam may be breaking. I sure am seeing more and more on the road.

1 hour ago, Mr. Metallic said:

If you order one through the dealer you get the price on the sticker, no markup. 

Dan, thanks for chiming in with your direct experience since you work at a dealership. Sounds like if someone REALLY has to have a Bronco right away they should head North of the border, lol. As of 6 months ago when we got serious about buying one dealerships around here (150 mile radius) had no stock, and ones that showed up on the lot are spoken for or marked up ridiculously. I still don't see much stock when i drive by dealerships now, but it sounds like the dam may be breaking. I sure am seeing more and more on the road.

Six months ago, it was a totally different story. Almost all dealers still had a wait list, and a lot of dealers were doing markups over MSRP. 

But Ford got their poop in a group, and the supply chain issues disappeared, so production and supply are back to normal.

We got a release this morning regarding 2024 production. Price is going up from $100 to $5430 CDN, depending on the trim level. Most increases are around $1300 or so. Bronco Raptor now starts at $114k CDN. Ooof!

Need to keep an eye on the news, rumblings going on that the UAW and the automakers are going to have a stare down over the new contract and the UAW is threatening a strike. Lot's of money at stake, much like the UPS deal and any work stoppage will delay your order.

18 hours ago, Zen said:

Is there a deposit required when placing the order? If so, how much? What If I don't want this thing by the time it gets built & delivered?

Still can't find one to test drive......... 

The deposit may depend on the dealership. We did not have to leave a deposit, and you do not have to take delivery if you decide you don't want it. The Broncos are so desirable at the moment that the dealership is usually happy to add it to their inventory. The dealership we bought ours from has had several people that ordered them decide they didn't want one because they either found one sooner or got tired of waiting and bought something else. But like Dan said, the supply should start meeting the demand soon. One fellow owner I talked to is going to trade his less than 12 month old Big Bend four door because he just ordered a Raptor Bronco. Lucky dog. Hope he lets me drive it when he gets it 🤤

19 hours ago, Zen said:

Is there a deposit required when placing the order? If so, how much? What If I don't want this thing by the time it gets built & delivered?

Still can't find one to test drive......... 

All depends on the dealership. Most dealerships will ask for a deposit, and rightfully so.

It's whether that deposit is fully refundable or not that you would need to clarify. Some dealers will refund 100% of it. Some will refund a portion of it and keep some of it to cover carrying costs if you choose not to take it and they have to book it into inventory. And some dealers will tell you straight up that a deposit is non-refundable. 

Kind of depends on the vehicle too. If you order an oddball colour combo or trim package or options, expect that deposit to be non-refundable. For example, the Bronco I would order for myself would be considered an oddball. I'd go with a 4dr Bronco Black Diamond, In Race Red, with the manual transmission and Sasquatch package. Around here, red and manual would limit the appeal of this one. SO I'd fully expect to be leaving a deposit, and would plan on not getting all of it back if I had to cancel.

If you order something common and easily sellable, you'd probably get it back. Like a black on black 4 dr with auto trans. Or any Bronco in Area 51. Or a Raptor.  

Best to clarify with your dealer, but expect it.

Nope!

Not from factory anyway. 

I did a Bronco for a client recently and the painted flares were one of his requirements. But you can't get painted flares AND the Sasquatch package. So we ordered a Big Bend Advanced and then gave it a 2" lift and the Sasquatch tire package afterwards.

20230615_152835.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got the chance to drive one yesterday, 2023 with a few miles on it. Definitely a different driving experience from my Ranger. The rig seems wide from the inside looking out across the fenders but in reality, it isn't. The tire noise is noticeable with the bigger tires. Overall, a cool experience, can't wait for mine.