Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hobbylinc Shipping

So the general flavor of things seems to be, if you order from Hobbylink, to figure on 8 days or so to receive what you ordered. Assuming everything was in stock. Do they to hold the entire order for the out of stock items to come in before shipping ? Or will they ship what they have then catch up on the OOS items later ?

I've looked at their site many times and always decide to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave G. said:

So the general flavor of things seems to be, if you order from Hobbylink, to figure on 8 days or so to receive what you ordered. Assuming everything was in stock. Do they to hold the entire order for the out of stock items to come in before shipping ? Or will they ship what they have then catch up on the OOS items later ?

I've looked at their site many times and always decide to go elsewhere.

If I recall, it's your choice. They can ship in stock stuff now and OOS later, or if not in a hurry, save on shipping by shipping it all at once. 

Check their site to be sure, but I seem to recall they offer that option. 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input fellows.  Well....I got a USPS delivery notice for Wednesday by 9:00pm so thats 10 days from the time of ordering.  The thing I don't like is when you see something in stock and place your order, it may not be in stock by the time they get around to pulling your order days later.  Not my cup of tea so I'm look elsewhere.  

49 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Thanks for all the input fellows.  Well....I got a USPS delivery notice for Wednesday by 9:00pm so thats 10 days from the time of ordering.  The thing I don't like is when you see something in stock and place your order, it may not be in stock by the time they get around to pulling your order days later.  Not my cup of tea so I'm look elsewhere.  

Never had that happen. Must happen with certain things, and first come first serve type of situation. Everything I always ordered got shipped out after 4-5 days, and got delivered in 2-3 days. Totally understand why you’re frustrated bout it though.

Edited by Dpate

Just thought I would give an update on this.  I checked my order this morning and one item was not shipped.  The invoice says "Sorry' out of stock.  There is nothing that says it will be shipped out when back in stock, they just ship what they have and your out of luck on the rest.  This is what I was saying above about when you place an order it may be in stock as mine was but by the time they pull your order 5 days later it may not be.  Very poor system in my opinion.  

I do find it odd that an order placed on an in stock item will have a 5 day delay before it is shipped.

Maybe to ensure payment clears?

Either way, my order shipped exactly when they said it would, has now arrived in Canada, and will be here before the weekend.

I'm in no rush to get the stuff I wanted. So i'm happy, will buy again.

I prefer buying local, but my local stores couldn't get what I wanted this time around.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:35 AM, Zippi said:

Just thought I would give an update on this.  I checked my order this morning and one item was not shipped.  The invoice says "Sorry' out of stock.  There is nothing that says it will be shipped out when back in stock, they just ship what they have and your out of luck on the rest.  This is what I was saying above about when you place an order it may be in stock as mine was but by the time they pull your order 5 days later it may not be.  Very poor system in my opinion.  

There’s a site I order cologne from that’s similar to this. Even though hobbylinc will say if something is truly out of stock this site doesn’t. So after an order is done if something is out of stock they refund that part, and ship the rest. I mostly order paint, bottles, glue, etc from hobbylinc so never had the out of stock issue. You’re right though it isn’t a great system as it’s more a first come first serve in my opinion. So whatever you ordered that was out of stock others must’ve of got it first before your order got pulled.