Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dad's Car - 1992 Chevy Caprice

Deathgoblin

I just finished this one. Revell Snap-together 1992 Caprice taxi/fire chief car. My dad had one just like it. He passed away right before Christmas 2021. I converted it to a civilian version. The wire hubcaps are made from the wheels off the Lindberg 1953 Ford Convertible. I thinned them down front to back and added strips around them to make the rim. The pinstripes down the sides are thin strips of masking tape painted white.  I didn't know what his license plates were, so I made up a set for the correct state, and they read USAF GTE. He was a technical sergeant in the Air Force and worked 25+ years as a systems engineer for GTE. 

IMG_20230830_192814335.jpg

IMG_20230830_192911969.jpg

IMG_20230830_192942826_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230830_192923956_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

I got to drive this one a few times when he had it.  It had a surprising amount of power and rode like a cloud.  These are really fun kits.  They've got really good detail for a snapper but are pretty easy to build.  I've got another one of the Impala SS in my stash.  :)