Model Cars Magazine Forum

PACER SRT V8: What if Mopar hi-po division took control of AMC many years earlier?

Claude Thibodeau

I have to tell you I remember when they first came out i had an ant that got one and we did make jokes about it but as the years went by I started to like the car looking back at it and what you did to it was awesome you put a really great spin on it very will done.!!!!! I love it.!!!

On 9/20/2023 at 9:13 AM, drodg said:

That is very cool.  I cannot imagine how scary that would be to drive!  I rode in one Pacer back in the day, not sure I was very impressed with the quality but might be a different story with a modern Hemi in it!  Great job.  

Thank you David! 

Truth be told, I never rode in a Pacer, but I would certainly jump at the occasion if I ever could! 

CT

On 9/20/2023 at 4:04 PM, espo said:

Like the "Dare to be different" theme. Bright color, would never get lost in a parking lot, and smooth finish. Like the chassis and exhaust. 

Hi David!

You are right: this chassis is very well detailed "as-is". Just detail work (and shortening) required. 

CT

On 9/22/2023 at 7:22 PM, ea0863 said:

Claude, your build made me think of an article in Hot Rod Magazine I had excerpted:

01.jpg.337c61b88a8a31598378834254bda537.jpg

02.jpg.b756fb6dbdbe04a26f56709af81c69e7.jpg

03.jpg.c1e3ad54899662d2920594b4ac252f44.jpg

04.jpg.732bde2899c2ffcdd0220de4bed5c24d.jpg

It wasn't until someone pointed it out to me that I read above that the whole thing was an April Fool's joke! :) Still, cool drawings...

Hi EMRE!

I saw that article too, and I have it in my collection. I looked long and hard at the Pacer that Mr. Stanford designed, and I planned to create it by mashing a late 350Z (bottom) and a Porsche 928 greenhouse, with some mods, of course. But since I could not find suitable, affordable donor cars, I resolved to keep most of the Pacer OEM body intact, and rather modernize the chassis/powertrain and interior. 

Choices, choices...

CT

• Like 1