Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 agora super snake GT500

Brudda

This is a agora supersnake kit that I changed it around a bit. Had a DeAgostini GT500 for parts. So I used the grill, hood , right door ( for the mirror) and the tires and wheels. Changed the color to Acapulco blue. Polished the wheels. Stripes were fun. Had the decals made ( thank you Neil Hulse) the (GT500 on the fenders) our local IPMS contest is next weekend and the club build is mustangs. So it will be under factory stock, plus club build,  plus 60’s theme. We will see how it works out. 

IMG_9302.jpeg

IMG_9301.jpeg

IMG_9299.jpeg

IMG_9291.jpeg

IMG_9293.jpeg

IMG_9292.jpeg

IMG_9310.jpeg

IMG_9304.jpeg

IMG_9308.jpeg

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, karbuildr said:

Wow. What a gorgeous build. Absolutely stunning. I thought I was looking at the engine compartment of a real Cobra. The interior is beautiful, the seats look so real. The last photo really show the size of this model.

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, John E. Bowers Jr. said:

Please tell us more about this kit!

Sir , the kit is a 1/8 Agora supersnake with a lot of mods. It’s in the wip section. The hardest part was the paint and the stripes. You had to paint the parts, put the body together to get the stripes aligned, take it apart spray the stripes then clear. The rest was pretty easy. 

IMG_9165.jpeg

IMG_9167.jpeg

IMG_9163.jpeg

IMG_9134.jpeg

IMG_9129.jpeg

IMG_9128.jpeg

IMG_9126.jpeg

8 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Wow! Amazing detail. And amazing skill in detailing it. Nice Paint and total realism. Great job.

Thank you Rattlecan Dan. For the money, the kit is a little scarce on detail. But it’s the only game in town if you want this size. I just modeled it a little. 

9 hours ago, 70 Sting said:

Excellent craftsmanship.  Looks 100% like it just rolled off the assembly line.

Thank you 70 Sting.by the way I always wondered the name “70 Sting “ does this refer to the great 70 corvette? If so my favorite shape of a car. When I was in high school , I took a design drafting class. I did a drawing of this car in blue that was super cool and in the high school display case. I was instantly popular and still remember how this car made me famous at my high school. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2023 at 3:42 PM, Brudda said:

Thank you 70 Sting.by the way I always wondered the name “70 Sting “ does this refer to the great 70 corvette? If so my favorite shape of a car. When I was in high school , I took a design drafting class. I did a drawing of this car in blue that was super cool and in the high school display case. I was instantly popular and still remember how this car made me famous at my high school. 

You are correct sir. :^)   
It is also my favourite generation of Corvettes and all-time body designs. I’ve loved them ever since I was a little kid.

Cool story regarding your high school.  Did you ever get the drawing back and do you still have it?

13 hours ago, 70 Sting said:

You are correct sir. :^)   
It is also my favourite generation of Corvettes and all-time body designs. I’ve loved them ever since I was a little kid.

Cool story regarding your high school.  Did you ever get the drawing back and do you still have it?

Hello 70 Sting, I did get the drawing back from high school, but several years later I went out of state on a job and my pop threw out a lot of things he did not need. And that was in the stuff he threw out. Bummer,  I agree with you on styling, the 70 corvette is imho the best looking out of all the corvettes, well 68-72. The styling was way over the top at that time, and that coke bottle shape! Nobody beat that. Do you know where I can get a set of photoetch for a 1/25 68-72 corvette? I looked a model car garage and did not see anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.