Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 70 Dodge Super Bee detailed build

Keef

Hi Keith, so sorry for your loss. Our pets become such an important part of the family, and faithful companions. 
As for the build…Not sure how I missed this one, but absolutely love where this is headed. Nice work so far, I will be watching for when you get back to the bench. Take care.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Drug this one out and did a little more work on it today. Got my final mockup before I start gluing parts and prepping for paint.

Decided to go with stock steelies and dog dishes. Going with the original (incorrect) AMT interior because I was going to have to cut too much of the Charger interior to make it fit.

And I don’t have those AMAZING @StevenGuthmiller skills to scratchbuild a correct interior for this one. 

IMG_0695.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

IMG_0697.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice to see this one back on the bench Keith. Funny, I was toiling away on the interior of my Olds today and thinking about Mr Guthmiller and his mad skills!  Look forward to watching this one again.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve H said:

Nice to see this one back on the bench Keith. Funny, I was toiling away on the interior of my Olds today and thinking about Mr Guthmiller and his mad skills!  Look forward to watching this one again.

Cheers, Steve

Funny thing, I was looking at the interior tub for this one and caught myself thinking “What would Mr Guthmiller do?” …. That’s when I realized that he would scratch build a new one like he did on that BEAUTIFUL 68 Coronet he built. I also realized that is beyond my skills and abilities so I decided to use the kit piece. Someone need to make a new correct interior for this kit. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, Keef said:

No progress to report as of today. Had a fur baby pass suddenly yesterday, he was a daddy’s boy and was always in the garage with me when I was down here working on stuff. It just doesn’t feel the same today without him. I’ll post some progress when I eventually make some. 

So sorry for your loss Keith..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had some nice weather today so I shot some paint on this one. Duplicolor GM Medium Quasar Blue. Waiting on some decals to arrive then I can clear it. Then I get to start on everything else 😂🤣

IMG_0929.jpeg

IMG_0930.jpeg

IMG_0931.jpeg

IMG_0932.jpeg

IMG_0933.jpeg

• Like 2