Model Cars Magazine Forum

LIARS Model Car Club Show, November 11th, Freeport NY

bobss396

The show is ON for the first time since 2019. I hope everyone can make it, the venue is the same as previous shows. Good parking, easy access to parkways, etc. The venue is very well lit and spacious. We have lots of vendors that will be attending.

The only thing is I doubt that the cafeteria will be open. So brown-bag it and there are diners and fast-food places close by.

https://www.liarsmodelcarbuilders.com/_files/ugd/fc9717_9b7bb038cd1e46158f1dc13e9b19f246.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say,I look forward to this show every year.It did suck that show had been cancelled for the past 3 years or so because of Covid..Well,on my way to the show,my POS car broke down,which caused me to miss about 3/4s of the show.I got there when they were giving out the awards.I was able to buy some stuff,but I was still pretty disappointed about how late I was..Anyway from what I saw,the show was great.Just another excellent job by the LIARS club.Oh well,see ya all next year.

IMG_8118.jpeg

IMG_8105.jpeg

IMG_8101.jpeg

IMG_8097.jpeg

IMG_8090.jpeg

IMG_8088.jpeg

IMG_8085.jpeg

IMG_8077.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8067.jpeg

IMG_8064.jpeg

IMG_8060.jpeg

IMG_8059.jpeg

IMG_8055.jpeg

IMG_8054.jpeg

IMG_8052.jpeg

IMG_8053.jpeg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Thanks for the pics, Ron!

CT

No problem at all..I only wish i had more photos,but like I said my stupid 🙄🤬@?#%*🤦‍♂️car broke down on the way to the show.So that’s about all I took at the show.I did buy a bunch of stuff,but that’s also about it too.😫🤦‍♂️🤬🤷‍♂️ Ah i know I’m whining,(spelling?🤷‍♂️).But once again the LIARS club did it,they held a great show as they have for so many years..Just wish it wasn’t their only show for the year.

Thanks guys,👍👍

Thanks. There was talk of adding a spring show some years back. The show itself takes some work. We set up on Friday afternoon. Once everything was at the facility, we had it done in an hour flat.

I was a vendor there and that went fairly well. I had hoped to sell more than I did. We had 170 paid through the door, included modelers and spectators. Models on the table, just under 250. Usually we get between 275 to 310-ish. 

I think covid had a negative impact to this day. Plus the 2022 show was canceled at almost the last minute. The number of clubs present was very low. I don't recall seeing any from The Town of Newburgh, Classic Plastic or Masscar. I'm not sure that the Masscar club even exists. The Tristate club from NJ had a good representation. I may have missed some since I was selling and stayed busy with that.

The cast of usual-characters was also low. The diehards that used to come to the show were absent. I know some that are older than me, some have passed on as well. We are not getting any younger.  

Yea Bob,the show is something I look forward to every year.It was disappointing with the show being cancelled cause of Covid.I usually enter like three or four cars at the show.One year i think i entered around 10 ,15 cars.But I will say the club does such a great job every year.No complaints at all.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

You got both of my '49 Fords and orange '32 Ford. Thanks. I had 8 cars there including a Vette in the theme class. 

The day after the show I was getting texts from people crabbing about the judging, some discussions were on FB, I gave up FB a while ago. Some of it has merit from what I saw. As a club we will have to discuss it. We used to have judging clinics over the 25 years I have been with the club.

We had a good time. I didn’t bring any models to show but my friend Bill surprised me by putting one out on the primer table.

D8FA28D4-55C1-41D8-B92E-C1EF6C27FC04.thumb.jpeg.decbe88969a44e6b1c5ca5222dfe8931.jpeg

i was a bit concerned that these two were parked outside all day! Do we have that reputation?

48B07752-0DF1-472E-BEEB-265483B4B53E.thumb.jpeg.5fb1f97b245f900405f3ae1bff99b2f0.jpeg

Otherwise my crew hit the Imperial Diner as we do every show!  And we had a nice relaxing day talking to folks we know. Exactly what we go to events for!

i was hoping to meet Ron but the car trouble made him late.

• Like 2

This was the first show I ever attended and drove a couple hours to get there. To me, totally worth it. I saw some great builds, had nice conversations, and there were plenty of vendors. Picked up a few unique kits and had a great time. Looking forward to next year. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 8:18 PM, Tom Geiger said:

We had a good time. I didn’t bring any models to show but my friend Bill surprised me by putting one out on the primer table.

D8FA28D4-55C1-41D8-B92E-C1EF6C27FC04.thumb.jpeg.decbe88969a44e6b1c5ca5222dfe8931.jpeg

i was a bit concerned that these two were parked outside all day! Do we have that reputation?

48B07752-0DF1-472E-BEEB-265483B4B53E.thumb.jpeg.5fb1f97b245f900405f3ae1bff99b2f0.jpeg

Otherwise my crew hit the Imperial Diner as we do every show!  And we had a nice relaxing day talking to folks we know. Exactly what we go to events for!

i was hoping to meet Ron but the car trouble made him late.

Well Tom that would’ve been cool.I guess i would’ve seen a couple of your builds.Like i said i did make the show,hat ran into a snag,got there late,and as I said,didn’t even throw a car up on the table.First time i ever did that,since i started going to the show a long time ago,way before they held at the rec center.It was held all over at different halls years ago.But i did pick up some cool kits.Well there’s always the other show held the in March,what is it,the Replicon show?I know it’s a mix,but they have autos too.Hopefully i’ll make that show too.

13 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

OMG did I miss a lot,thanks for all the pics.Yea they were handing out the awards by the time i dragged my lazy butt into the show,so I missed so much.Wow there were some incredible cars.🙄😤😒

I was a kit vendor and was supposed to have some help, which showed up late just before the awards were given out. I had wanted to walk around and take some pictures and browse the other sellers.