Model Cars Magazine Forum

3D printed wheels for Ferrari 250 GTO (Borrani wire wheels with Dunlop racing tires) - 1/24 scale

Ferrari 250 GTO wheels from Jack Modeling: Jason created these with input from Pierre Rivard, Peteski and myself - these are meant to replace the wheels of the  Italeri/Revell, Fujimi, Protar/Revell and Gunze Sangyo/Airfix kits.

If he gets enough response , he will offer them for sale to the public. I bought 3 sets from him – each wheel consists of 3 parts:  Borrani spoke rim, Dunlop racing tire with period-correct tread and sidewall lettering and the central hub/spinner.

Below, you can see the sets spraypainted (directly onto the grey resin without any preparation)

P1080279.JPG.6dfd4717bcfa4a3866358795e87a6df8.JPGP1080302.JPG.0bbe820c1b3def6e01788801f6b3977d.JPG

LEFT:                     Borranis : Duplicolor rim silver

Dunlop tires : Duplicolor rallye black (semi-gloss)

Spinners : Revell Chrome

CENTER:              Borranis : Revell Chrome

Dunlop tires : Tamiya rubber black

Spinners : Revell Chrome

RIGHT:                  Borranis :  Revell Chrome – with 2 shots  Tamiya clear smoke overspray

Dunlop tires:  Tamiya rubber black

Spinners :  Humbrol Chrome silver enamel

DIMENSIONS:   standard  for the early  250 GTO were:   front 6.00 L-15,  rear 7.00 L-15 

Model tires:  28mm front and 29mm rear

Model rims 17mm, width 8mm front, 10mm rear

This is how they look on the model - Highly recommended :

P1080323.JPG.a51c7fd0618589e28be2623c47ffb4c6.JPG

If you are interested in those wheels, please contact Jason directly : Here is his e-mail-address:   contact.jackmodelling@gmail.com

Edited by 1959scudetto
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

I second Helmut's review. These look fantastic and are very easy to paint. I have 5 sets and starting work on my first Ferrari with these.

At least as good as PE replacements quite reasonably priced. I highly recommend them.

I'm going to order some more sets (not only for the GTO's, but also for my transkits: Breadvan, 330 LMB/GTO and GTO prototype)... 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KurtJ said:

Thanks for your response. I had a difficult time with Google translate and couldn’t be sure. I thought it would be that way, but wasn’t sure. I had emailed Jason, but haven’t heard back yet. Thanks again.

Kurt

Assuming that you want Englis traanslation (the user's location is no longer shown in their profile), Jason's listings are also available on American eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/str/jackmodelling

Edit: just realized what you mean - the descriptions are in French.  I looked at one of the Ferrari wheel listings and it seems that some negative reviews were posted for Jason. Strange as I haven't had problems with him.

Edited by peteski

I have heard from Jason and things should be fine. I hadn't noticed in the pictures until just now the that the 7 by 15 and 6 x 15 markings are visible on the sidewalls. Duh! Amazing stuff. When I was a kid we only had rocks to play with, they hadn't even invented dirt yet.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2023 at 4:40 PM, Pierre Rivard said:

Just finished painting my first set for a current 250 gto project. Picture is worth a thousand words.

GTO wip10.jpg

Pierre:

Beautiful, the most realistic and very accurate.  Pleaes help, I want to order the set from Jason but having a hard time figuring out the wheel sizes. Can you tell me want size wheels to order for the Fujimi Ferrari? Thanks and your response is greatly appreciated.

40 minutes ago, BobbyG said:

Pierre:

Beautiful, the most realistic and very accurate.  Pleaes help, I want to order the set from Jason but having a hard time figuring out the wheel sizes. Can you tell me want size wheels to order for the Fujimi Ferrari? Thanks and your response is greatly appreciated.

Ditto!

Hi fellows, go for the 1,7 cm diameter which are designed to replicate a 15 inch wheel at 1/24. The Dunlop racing tires are a match to the 17mm wheels. I'll be posting a  Ferrari GTO build with these tomorrow morning in the "other racing" category. Should provide with more pictures of these wheels.

On 12/4/2023 at 6:48 PM, jaymcminn said:

Just received 3 sets of these. The detail is staggering, so much better than any photo etched wheel could manage. I'd love to see a slightly deeper set with Michelin XWX tires for Ferrari 275s and 365 Daytonas!

Jason, contact Jason at Jack Modeling, He accepts requests (these wheels and tires started as a request on this forum).  Since he already has a CAD design for the 250GTO wheels, it should be easy to change the rim depth or other dimensions. The tires will be a bit more involved, but doable.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...