Model Cars Magazine Forum

1997 McLaren-Mercedes F1

My latest completion.  These Revell 1/24 kits are kind of finicky, small attachment points for the wings being the toughest part, but I really like doing the decals.  Lots of setting solution and some hair dryer heat got them snugged down well.

This is the car driven by David Coulthard, his teammate was the #9 of Mika Hakkinen.  Coulthard won the first race of the season in Australia and I think Hakkinen won in Spain that year also.

Comments welcome, thanks for looking. 

DSCN7038.JPG

DSCN7039.JPG

DSCN7040.JPG

DSCN7041.JPG

DSCN7042.JPG

DSCN7043.JPG

DSCN7044.JPG

DSCN7045.JPG

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Bruce...real nice job. Those decals are indeed tricky and you pulled it off very well. .  What did  you use for the silver and black, if I may ask. ??

Many thanks Rich.  I am a recent convert to Tamiya, TS-14 for the black and TS-30 Silver Leaf.  The vinyl used for the tires sure attracts everything!  I should have cleaned them better before pics.

19 hours ago, bbowser said:

The vinyl used for the tires sure attracts everything!  I should have cleaned them better before pics.

Real race car tires will pick up all forms of debris after a few laps, so those small spots just add realism.  Very well done build.  I have never tried one of these, although I do have one in my stash.