Model Cars Magazine Forum

'31 Model A LMP2

fordsixty

well the fat lady has sung, so this one is done. :lol:

started with the Revell '31 Ford. it is a slammer (no suspension ). fuel injected, Riley headed, model B four cylinder with Procharger blower. scratch built the entire induction and exhaust system. chassis completely scratch built with widened fenders. original idea was a 'time attack'. but i think the finished product would look better running around Road America battling a certain '53 grand sport. ;):wub::lol:

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

a different kind of hot rod...

DSC00673.jpg

sort of reminds me of Mr Krabb. :lol:

DSC00672.jpg

i do not think ol' Henry had this in mind.

DSC00674.jpg

radiator is behind that grill.

DSC00687.jpg

boosted horsepower.

not my best; however, i am pleased with the results.

HOLY SHAMOLY DUDE, wat kinda drugs you takein? These are some of the MOST off the wall builds I've EVER seen! They have ALL been just TOO COOL!!! You got it bad Bro, WHATEVER it is you got! They're in a class by themselves,and you SURE got it together as far as I'm concerned! OUTSTANDING BUILD!!! Oh yeah, It does look kinda like Mr.Crabby! :wub:

well the fat lady has sung, so this one is done. :lol:

... original idea was a 'time attack'. but i think the finished product would look better running around Road America battling a certain '53 grand sport. :lol:;):lol:

...not my best; however, i am pleased with the results.

I don't kinow if this one was the first, but for me this was the one that started what I hope will be a continuous series. Perhaps not quite as complete as the '53 GS Chevy but the W.I.P. was riveting. I couldn't wait for each step along the way. And when it dropped off the radar I wondered what happened to it.

The completion is stunning. The decals really add to the results. This is so original, so full of energy, so captivating. "Imagineering" at its finest! Can't wait for inspiration to strike again and No. 3 suddenly to appear. :wub:

:wub: and he picked me to drive it :lol: be jealous everyone! :lol:

I know I know, surprised I wasn't the first one replying, George even beat me but heck you know me, you just wanted me to stop bugging ya, hey i'm glad to have helped you come back. :lol: Not your best, you on crack?

AWW HELL YEAH!!! ;) This is my FAVORITE model this year, even before the NNL East I think I can say that, these are my favorite models of all time, Dale Watts, seriously, my idol man. ;) This makes me want to do my Mercury so bad......I just need more decals and ideas.....inspiration is there now.

How about a group shot from the grid or the 53 and the 31 for my desktop? ;)

Edited by Nick F40

Outrageous, wild, crazy, weird...........but so cool! I love all of these wacky racers :lol: . Nick and I saw your in-progress for this in the MCM contest issue. We thought you changed your last name though in the Starliner photo. Motts applesauce? :blink: .

I don't kinow if this one was the first, but for me this was the one that started what I hope will be a continuous series. Perhaps not quite as complete as the '53 GS Chevy but the W.I.P. was riveting. I couldn't wait for each step along the way. And when it dropped off the radar I wondered what happened to it.

The completion is stunning. The decals really add to the results. This is so original, so full of energy, so captivating. "Imagineering" at its finest! Can't wait for inspiration to strike again and No. 3 suddenly to appear. B)

There's not much more that I can say beyond what Randy and Bernard have already covered, so I guess that I'll close by simply applauding and congratulating you on an awesone build!!

Thanks for sharing all of the inprocess and final photos of your build,

first, i would like to thank each one of you for the positivity that is coming my way and for the encouragement to continue with these, from the far side of Pluto, ideas. it really helps and has really pushed me to get my next project done. ;):D that would be the third one for the year. woo-hoo.

THANK YOU ALL

i also really like that little B motor. 200 cubic inches of snarling cast iron. that poor bottom end. :D

nick, nick, nick. :blink:;) what decals do you need?

DSC00692.jpg