Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Barracuda

Hmann68

11 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

Whoa, beautiful. 👍

7 hours ago, Andy Oldenburg said:

Hello Christopher,

a very good job on this Barracuda, I like the stance and the color matches perfect. Are the wheels second market?

Thanks guys. Andy…those wheels came in the kit. One of the bright spots of this kit, along with an accurate body. They are the infamous “recall” wheels that were breaking on the real cars at the time. 

Superb job Christopher, you can be proud! 👍

I like to see that you grafted the section under the hood from the most recent kit, it makes all the difference.

I've always loved these Barracudas and I also have this one in my long list of potential next projects, a super stock version has been in my head for quite some time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Superb job Christopher, you can be proud! 👍

I like to see that you grafted the section under the hood from the most recent kit, it makes all the difference.

I've always loved these Barracudas and I also have this one in my long list of potential next projects, a super stock version has been in my head for quite some time!

Thanks for the nice words! A Sox n Martin version would be great 👍👍

10 hours ago, ybsluos said:

Drastic improvement with the inner fenders Christopher!

1 hour ago, TooOld said:

This is one of those kits that gets a bad rap for lacking a detailed engine compartment/chassis but with a little work it makes a great looking model ! 

Well done Christopher ! 

Thanks guys! If I had a full chassis I would have swapped, but yes I’m happy with the outcome 👍👍

2 hours ago, bogger44 said:

Those Dart inner fenders made a huge improvement!  Despite the decal problems, I really like the look of the white ones over that gold.  Sharp build of a not so great kit. 👍

Thanks Bogger, appreciate it! New decals on the way…I can’t hack these 😂

Great looking Plymouth! Gold with white stripes looks very nice. I like the way it sits, too. I have a few of this generation of fishes, and yours is getting me interested in starting one!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bucky said:

Great looking Plymouth! Gold with white stripes looks very nice. I like the way it sits, too. I have a few of this generation of fishes, and yours is getting me interested in starting one!

Thanks! Get yourself some replacement decals, don’t rely on these originals lol.