Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looks like one more Monogram 34 Ford

20 hours ago, junkyardjeff said:

I do have a couple of the 90s versions chopped tops.

Saves a lot of work. A good thing about these Monogam 34's is swapping the tops around - full height, chopped or cabrolet

But the 3 window coupes are the easiest to chop too if you want a bigger drop

Wow, you've covered many releases of this kit, with the collection of parts. Looks like the first or early release with the Maroon body and fenders, ZZtop trunk lid and gas tank cover, "early iron"

rumble seat. The chopped top has me stumped as i don't recognize the color ? ( Beach boys version ?) I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

It's unfortunate how crooked the tops are in this kit.

Every version of it that I have gotten my hands on has been terribly crooked. Both the early maroon cast cars and the newer chopped ZZtop variety.

The right side is taller, the side is more vertical than the left and the curve above the window is far more squared off, not nearly as round as the left side.

A couple of pie cuts and you can make those issues significantly better though. Then lots of sanding to get the rounded top corner closer to the left side.

Cool looking build you have going though for coming straight out of the parts box.

Edited by 68shortfleet

16 hours ago, ozmodeler said:

Wow, you've covered many releases of this kit, with the collection of parts. Looks like the first or early release with the Maroon body and fenders, ZZtop trunk lid and gas tank cover, "early iron"

rumble seat. The chopped top has me stumped as i don't recognize the color ? ( Beach boys version ?) I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Top has been painted so most likely ZZ top or 90s chopped top 33.

• 2 weeks later...