Model Cars Magazine Forum

2025 dodge charger daytona production model

11 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

There was a K chassis Daytona in the 80's. Some nameplates are best left to rest in peace.

yeah the 5th gen chargers from the 80's had a daytona option mentioned that above 

I like it it.  First off,  I applaud the trend to more subtly shaped sheet metal, over the overwrought origami that's been the trend over the past decade or so.  It has echoes of the second generation Charger with some first gen Camaro, but combines them in a way that doesn't feel contrived.  That grille, which is not really a grille, is also very 2nd gen Charger, and that squint reminds me of the DeTomaso Mangusta, which I happen to love.  It's actually an opening for an airfoil that exits over the hood, so the Daytona will have a wing, only in the front.

Stylewise, a vast improvement over the previous Charger.

• Like 1

It's just ok ,keeping the Charger name a float is cool ,But I just can't figure out why the designers can make the flip top gas cap work on these cars ,it's a real cue part on the Charger , But I love my 4 Door Charger !

• Like 1

There’s a new Scatpack Widebody sitting in my garage. I paid MSRP. I have NEVER before paid MSRP for a car! But I would never have another shot at buying a new Hemi.

I gotta laugh at myself.......I probably sound like one of those old flathead hotrodders when those newfangled overhead valve engines came out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting.

Looking at those bodies in white, they don't look like EVs. The shape of the floor, engine bay, and trunk area look like an ICE car to me.

EVs usually have a very flat floor, and the engine bay typically wouldn't be open like that.

Leads me to believe that these are for the ICE version.  

Very curious to see what's coming. The official launch is supposed to be here before summer.

• Like 1

From my understanding, the new Charger will be available in ICE and EV versions.   I suspect the ICE versions will have the Pentastar V6 for base and the Hurricane twin-turbo straight 6 for performance models (this is the engine that is replacing the Hemi in various Ram and Jeep models).  Will be interesting to see what comes.. 

41 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Interesting.

Looking at those bodies in white, they don't look like EVs. The shape of the floor, engine bay, and trunk area look like an ICE car to me.

EVs usually have a very flat floor, and the engine bay typically wouldn't be open like that.

Leads me to believe that these are for the ICE version.  

Very curious to see what's coming. The official launch is supposed to be here before summer.

the ev charger daytona  will have transmissions cause they will have multiple gears and it has that pipe organ like air tuning chamber  that will amplify the sound of the air being sucked in and over the electric engine and transmission to produce that 126 db roar the car will have 
dodge said recently  late 2024 will be when they will be sent to dealerships 

Edited by michelle

39 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

From my understanding, the new Charger will be available in ICE and EV versions.   I suspect the ICE versions will have the Pentastar V6 for base and the Hurricane twin-turbo straight 6 for performance models (this is the engine that is replacing the Hemi in various Ram and Jeep models).  Will be interesting to see what comes.. 

they already said the ice and hybrid versions will have the hurricane i6 twin turbo  only  as they are replacing the Pentastar with the hurricane  versions going forward for all 6 cylinder engine options for cars and trucks  as it is more preferred and more reliable and full ev versions will be the only chargers with the daytona name t

Edited by michelle

5 hours ago, michelle said:

the ev charger daytona  will have transmissions cause they will have multiple gears and it has that pipe organ like air tuning chamber  that will amplify the sound of the air being sucked in and over the electric engine and transmission to produce that 126 db roar the car will have 
dodge said recently  late 2024 will be when they will be sent to dealerships 

Any else here ever read the science fiction story "The Marching Morons"?  Because this particular item is giving me really strong flashbacks to it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Any else here ever read the science fiction story "The Marching Morons"?  Because this particular item is giving me really strong flashbacks to it.

I just read the synopsis on wikipedia  and I do not see the connection 

29 minutes ago, michelle said:

I just read the synopsis on wikipedia  and I do not see the connection 

Here are the passages I'm thinking of, courtesy of Project Gutenberg

Barlow and Tinny-Peete arrived at the concrete highway where the psychist's car was parked in a safety bay.

"What—a—boat!" gasped the man from the past.

"Boat? No, that's my car."

Barlow surveyed it with awe. Swept-back lines, deep-drawn compound curves, kilograms of chrome. He ran his hands futilely over the door—or was it the door?—in a futile search for a handle, and asked respectfully, "How fast does it go?"

The psychist gave him a keen look and said slowly, "Two hundred and fifty. You can tell by the speedometer."

"Wow! My old Chevvy could hit a hundred on a straightaway, but you're out of my class, mister!"

Tinny-Peete somehow got a huge, low door open and Barlow descended three steps into immense cushions, floundering over to the right. He was too fascinated to pay serious attention to his flayed dermis. The dashboard was a lovely wilderness of dials, plugs, indicators, lights, scales and switches.

The psychist climbed down into the driver's seat and did something with his feet. The motor started like lighting a blowtorch as big as a silo. Wallowing around in the cushions, Barlow saw through a rear-view mirror a tremendous exhaust filled with brilliant white sparkles.

"Do you like it?" yelled the psychist.

"It's terrific!" Barlow yelled back. "It's—"

He was shut up as the car pulled out from the bay into the road with a great voo-ooo-ooom! A gale roared past Barlow's head, though the windows seemed to be closed; the impression of speed was terrific. He located the speedometer on the dashboard and saw it climb past 90, 100, 150, 200.

--------------------------------

"Coming into Chicago!" bawled Tinny-Peete.

Other cars were showing up, all of them dreamboats.

Watching them, Barlow began to wonder if he knew what a kilometer was, exactly. They seemed to be traveling so slowly, if you ignored the roaring air past your ears and didn't let the speedy lines of the dreamboats fool you. He would have sworn they were really crawling along at twenty-five, with occasional spurts up to thirty. How much was a kilometer, anyway?

---------------------------------

Screamingly sweet blasts of sound surrounded them as they stopped for a red light. "What the hell is going on here?" said Barlow in a shrill, frightened voice, because the braking time was just about zero, he wasn't hurled against the dashboard. "Who's kidding who?"

"Why, what's the matter?" demanded the driver.

The light changed to green and he started the pickup. Barlow stiffened as he realized that the rush of air past his ears began just a brief, unreal split-second before the car was actually moving. He grabbed for the door handle on his side.

The city grew on them slowly: scattered buildings, denser buildings, taller buildings, and a red light ahead. The car rolled to a stop in zero braking time, the rush of air cut off an instant after it stopped, and Barlow was out of the car and running frenziedly down a sidewalk one instant after that.

Hopefully you get the idea.  To cater to the feeble minded, they engineered cars so there was a whole lot more drama than was actually happening.

1 hour ago, Richard Bartrop said:

Here are the passages I'm thinking of, courtesy of Project Gutenberg

Barlow and Tinny-Peete arrived at the concrete highway where the psychist's car was parked in a safety bay.

"What—a—boat!" gasped the man from the past.

"Boat? No, that's my car."

Barlow surveyed it with awe. Swept-back lines, deep-drawn compound curves, kilograms of chrome. He ran his hands futilely over the door—or was it the door?—in a futile search for a handle, and asked respectfully, "How fast does it go?"

The psychist gave him a keen look and said slowly, "Two hundred and fifty. You can tell by the speedometer."

"Wow! My old Chevvy could hit a hundred on a straightaway, but you're out of my class, mister!"

Tinny-Peete somehow got a huge, low door open and Barlow descended three steps into immense cushions, floundering over to the right. He was too fascinated to pay serious attention to his flayed dermis. The dashboard was a lovely wilderness of dials, plugs, indicators, lights, scales and switches.

The psychist climbed down into the driver's seat and did something with his feet. The motor started like lighting a blowtorch as big as a silo. Wallowing around in the cushions, Barlow saw through a rear-view mirror a tremendous exhaust filled with brilliant white sparkles.

"Do you like it?" yelled the psychist.

"It's terrific!" Barlow yelled back. "It's—"

He was shut up as the car pulled out from the bay into the road with a great voo-ooo-ooom! A gale roared past Barlow's head, though the windows seemed to be closed; the impression of speed was terrific. He located the speedometer on the dashboard and saw it climb past 90, 100, 150, 200.

--------------------------------

"Coming into Chicago!" bawled Tinny-Peete.

Other cars were showing up, all of them dreamboats.

Watching them, Barlow began to wonder if he knew what a kilometer was, exactly. They seemed to be traveling so slowly, if you ignored the roaring air past your ears and didn't let the speedy lines of the dreamboats fool you. He would have sworn they were really crawling along at twenty-five, with occasional spurts up to thirty. How much was a kilometer, anyway?

Screamingly sweet blasts of sound surrounded them as they stopped for a red light. "What the hell is going on here?" said Barlow in a shrill, frightened voice, because the braking time was just about zero, he wasn't hurled against the dashboard. "Who's kidding who?"

"Why, what's the matter?" demanded the driver.

The light changed to green and he started the pickup. Barlow stiffened as he realized that the rush of air past his ears began just a brief, unreal split-second before the car was actually moving. He grabbed for the door handle on his side.

The city grew on them slowly: scattered buildings, denser buildings, taller buildings, and a red light ahead. The car rolled to a stop in zero braking time, the rush of air cut off an instant after it stopped, and Barlow was out of the car and running frenziedly down a sidewalk one instant after that.

Hopefully you get the idea.  To cater to the feeble minded, they engineered cars so there was a whole lot more drama than was actually happening.

still not seeing the connection or seeing what your seeing  but it might be because I don't care for sci-fi from the early to mid 20th century be it tv shows or books  as it does not resonate with me the way mid 90's though current sci-fi does 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

it comes in 3 options a 2 door full ev a 4 door full ev with 3 different output options the rt the scatpack andlater the banshee  and a charger six pack hurricane i6 twin turbo  all 3 are as fast as the hellcats the redeyes and demons and as loud as them two 

Edited by michelle

Posted (edited)

here are some pics of the  2 dood and 4 door charger evs which are all wheel drive 
the charger evs will all have the daytona name on the back end  but the ice versions will just have the charger name on the back end 

2024-dodge-charger-daytona-exterior-112-65e2311907b53.jpg

2025-dodge-charger-daytona-ev-leaked-but-the-sedan-s-return-is-the-major-surprise_4.jpg

2025-dodge-charger-daytona-ev-leaked-but-the-sedan-s-return-is-the-major-surprise_5.jpg

dg024-004ch-65e621f7a4d75.jpg

dg024-007ch-65e621f87c2d6.jpg

dg024-008ch-65e621f9d1250.jpg

dg024-009ch-65e621f92cdef.jpg

dg024-010ch-65e621f9bdca7.jpg

dg024-013ch-65e621f9e57ec.jpg

dg024-033ch-65e621f39d337.jpg

dg024-030ch-65e621f3552ac.jpg

dg024-019ch-65e2255a31a7a.jpg

dg024-014ch-65e621fa923d1.jpg

dg024-035ch-65e621f3f12c0.jpg

dg024-036ch-65e621f5638f2.jpg

dg024-037ch-65e621f59d7eb.jpg

dg024-038ch-65e621f4c869a.jpg

dg024-039ch-65e621f52e8bf.jpg

dg024-040ch-65e621f62ea66.jpg

dg024-041ch-65e621f59e29d.jpg

dg024-042ch-65e621f604714.jpg

Edited by michelle

and a nice group shot of both versions of the ev and the ice version
the silver one on the left is the 2 two door ev charger daytona  the yellow orange one in the center is the 4 door ev charger daytona and the blue one on the right is the 2 door ice charger six pack hurricane i6 twin turbo

new-dodge-charger-lineup.jpg

• Mike 1017 changed the title to Stick a knife in the Charger Rumors